Bad Pool Caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasisAthens

Hi I am a new member here and I would like to tell that this the best forum I 've ever read....My english it's not very good so I 'm gonna ask you sorry in advance....:)

The problem I have is this : Almost once a day or two days I get a BSOD that says BAD_POOL_CALLER and I try to find any possible sollutions but I failed...
I would like to say to you that I 've tested my ram with memtest and the result was no problem. My ram is brand new also my motherboard and I can't understand why this is happening to me....I don't know how to read the minidump files so if anyone understand something from them...please I don't know what else to do....

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    61 KB · Views: 7
This is a 'close cousin" that refers to bad_pool_header. It involves SATA drives and partitions created by Acronis software (and others using the underlying engine).

If this does not match your situation, then I apologize for the extraneous info.

Review the system events log. It may hold information about errors preceding the crash.

0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER errors means a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Though your minidumps were corrupted in the sense that it could not load the proper symbols the driver vsdatant.sys was noted as the probable cause.

This driver is part of ZoneAlarm and many people have had issues with it. Question: Are you running more than one firewall? If so, you must uninstall/disable the one of them because two firewalls, like two anti-viruses, cannot operate at the same time. They will conflict and cause crashes.

If ZA is your only firewall then I suggest going over to their official website and see if they have an answer for this problem. They should, because as I said, many people have experienced BSODs because of this driver.

Route44 said:
0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER errors means a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Though your minidumps were corrupted in the sense that it could not load the proper symbols the driver vsdatant.sys was noted as the probable cause.

This driver is part of ZoneAlarm and many people have had issues with it. Question: Are you running more than one firewall? If so, you must uninstall/disable the one of them because two firewalls, like two anti-viruses, cannot operate at the same time. They will conflict and cause crashes.

If ZA is your only firewall then I suggest going over to their official website and see if they have an answer for this problem. They should, because as I said, many people have experienced BSODs because of this driver.

So Zone Alarm is causing all this....In a way this is a relief because i couldn't stand the idea that i have to spend more money to replace again another part of my hardware...
No i have Zone Alarm enabled, Spybot SD Resident 1.5, Eset NOD 32 Antivirus only. I don't think that this counts as firewall but my router has one.
I would like to thank you for you time. This was very helpful... I know update zone alarm and i hope this works....
You didn't see any other possible cause, did you ?

No, I didn't notice anything else but that doesn't mean there can't be ;) ; still your errors are pretty consistant. By the way, excellent anti-virus there and your layer method of security is a sound one. If you don't mind, let us know if resolving your issues with ZA resolves your BSODs.

first verify MEMORY is reliable, as the error is a corruption in memory.
find MEMTEST on Techspot and use it.

second, verify your HD is not going bad; writing good memory pages to HD to
only have them corrupted and invalid when paged in is a contributor too.

I run Memtest but no errors found.

How do i test my HD ?
I have S.M.A.R.T. enabled and no notifications have been reported. Is there any specific tool like memtest for HD ?

oasisAthens said:
I run Memtest but no errors found.

How do i test my HD ?
I have S.M.A.R.T. enabled and no notifications have been reported. Is there any specific tool like memtest for HD ?

How long did you run MemTest in the number of passes? The standard minimum is 7. Plus, what kimsland linked to. You'll need to know the manufacturer of your harddrive. Do a full diagnostic.

Today i 've had another BSOD with different name it says DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and something about NDIS.sys

I post the minidump file....What the @@@ is this now another problem ?

The NDIS library (Network Driver Interface Specification) is contained in ndis.sys which is part of your Windows OS. It is a collection of routines that applications can invoke to perform network-related operations. Ndis.sys is an integral part of the kernel and it must match other kernel components to work properly.

Your latest error with NDIS.sys can pont to a faulty NIC card or faulty drivers for your NIC card.

Also, as asked before, did you run MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes?

Did you do the harddrive analysis as joebeard recommended and did you follow the link that kimsland posted?

Lastly, did you go to the ZA forums and check out any information concerning the driver vsdatant.sys?

Make sure you examine the details of the SMART data; look for #these items
Code:
    [ IC25N060ATMR04-0 (MRG30HKCJ3598H) ]

*ID*    *Attribute Description*     *Threshold*  *Value*  *Worst*  *Data*      *Status*
        01     [COLOR="Red"]#Raw Read Error Rate[/COLOR]                 62      100     100    [COLOR="Red"] 0[/COLOR]       OK: Value is normal
        02      Throughput Performance              40      100     100     0       OK: Value is normal
        03      Spin Up Time                        33      122     122     1       OK: Value is normal
        04      Start/Stop Count                    0       99      99      2722    OK: Always passing
        05     [COLOR="Red"]#Reallocated Sector Count [/COLOR]           5       100     100    [COLOR="Red"] 0[/COLOR]       OK: Value is normal
        07      Seek Error Rate                     67      100     100     0       OK: Value is normal
        08      Seek Time Performance               40      100     100     0       OK: Value is normal
        09      Power-On Time Count                 0       87      87      6113    OK: Always passing
        0A      Spin Retry Count                    60      100     100     0       OK: Value is normal
        0C      Power Cycle Count                   0       99      99      2670    OK: Always passing
        BF      G-Sense Error Rate                  0       100     100     0       OK: Always passing
        C0      Power-Off Retract Count             0       100     100     74      OK: Always passing
        C1      Load/Unload Cycle Count             0       77      77      234680  OK: Always passing
        C2      Temperature                         0       211     211     5, 26   OK: Always passing
        C4     [COLOR="Red"]#Reallocation Event Count [/COLOR]           0       100     100     [COLOR="Red"] 0[/COLOR]        OK: Always passing
        C5   [COLOR="Red"]#Current Pending Sector Count [/COLOR]         0       100     100     [COLOR="Red"] 0[/COLOR]       OK: Always passing
        C6   [COLOR="Red"]#Off-Line Uncorrectable Sector Count[/COLOR]   0       100     100    [COLOR="Red"] 0[/COLOR]        OK: Always passing
        C7    [COLOR="Red"]  #Ultra ATA CRC Error Rate [/COLOR]          0       200     200    [COLOR="Red"] 0[/COLOR]        OK: Always passing

Route44 said:
The NDIS library (Network Driver Interface Specification) is contained in ndis.sys which is part of your Windows OS. It is a collection of routines that applications can invoke to perform network-related operations. Ndis.sys is an integral part of the kernel and it must match other kernel components to work properly.

Your latest error with NDIS.sys can pont to a faulty NIC card or faulty drivers for your NIC card.

Also, as asked before, did you run MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes?

Did you do the harddrive analysis as joebeard recommended and did you follow the link that kimsland posted?

Lastly, did you go to the ZA forums and check out any information concerning the driver vsdatant.sys?

I 'll run memtest 7 passes right know and i ll get back to you i only run it 1 pass.

I followed that link and i ve got the software (Thanks kimsland)

I run any diagnostic i found about my HDD's and everything was ok.

Yes i went to ZA forums and i found out that it was a common problem and the suggestion was to update zone alarm.

Sorry but i don't understand what is a NIC card, but i am using i wireless BELKIN N1 PCI CARD f5D8001 uk and i have installed the latest drivers i could found on the official site. (Somewhere i heard that there is some RALKIN drivers i can put instead of the original but i couldn't find out which one is it for my card)

oasisAthens said:
Sorry but i don't understand what is a NIC card, but i am using i wireless BELKIN N1 PCI CARD f5D8001 uk and i have installed the latest drivers i could found on the official site.
NIC: Network Interface Card. Used for wired ethernet connections to a router or system.

Wireless PCI: Used for WiFi connections to a router or access point.

So i run memtest 7 passes no errors occurred. Sam for HDD tests

Is there possible to be my BELKIN N1 DESKTOP PCI f5d800 card ?

Yes, it could be possible. Find their website and update any drivers for your particular model. Or you could uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

Did you update your ZA?

Yes i did...Then i got this new bsod (after some hours).

I tried that in the official site there is only one driver and i have install them

I bought this card very expensive and i must be sure that this is the problem to buy a new one.

It could be very well that your NIC card is bad. When you uninstalled and reinstalled was that the card physically or did you also uninstall and reinstall your drivers too. Is it still under warrenty?

Yes my card is under warrenty and i unistalled the drivers only and installed them again. Is it possible the problems are from drivers ? To eliminate that option i made a clean install to Windows (again frmat etc.). So far so good but anything happens again you ll be hearring from me.

I didn't find what the problem was exactly but i fix it. I reistall Windows XP SP2 and choose not to install any microsoft drivers and installed all drivers from original webpages. So far (7 days) no problem has occured so i think my problem is solved. Thanks averyone for their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back