Bad_pool_caller bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIGHISSIMO

Hi everyone there!
I have just had this bsod for the first time!I searched the net but I couldn't find any solution.They say that it can be many different things.They say it could be a memory problem but I've already checked them with memtest one by one several times.I have a problematic graphic card and I'm going to change it soon.Could this be the problem???
I was playing a game on msn messenger when the bsod with bad_pool_caller ***STOP: 0X000000C2 (0X00000007, 0X00000CD4, 0X000000E5, 0X895F7914) message appeared.
My pc characteristics are: ASUS P5Q DELUXE, CPU 6300 1, 86 GHZ, 4 X 1 GB RAM CORSAIR 800 HZ, VGA GT220 ASUS 1 GB, PSU CORSAIR 850 WATT., TV CARD AVERMEDIA, 4 HARD DISCS (2X 1,5 TB SEAGATE, 1X 500 GB WD & 1X 500 GB SEAGATE, MOUSE CYBER SNYPA STINGER, KEYBOARD Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Greek, ROUTER THOMSON TG585).My operation system is windows xp pro sp3 and is installed in one of the 3 partitions of the WD hard disc.

I'm posting here the minidump file that was created from the bsod as well, in case someone could find out what the problem is.Any help is appreciated...

Attachments

• Mini062010-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
Just so you are aware, the mods will most likely move this to the appropriate BSOD forum.

Your error is 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Unfortunantly the minidump only gave the probable cause as UNKNOW_ ANALYSIS meaning we don't know the specific driver as yet that is causing the problems.

Have you scanned for viruses, etc.?

Thank you for the response Route44.You have already helped me to solve a problem that I faced in the past with a faulty memory.
The faulty driver is one of the cause that suggested other persons too, when I searched on the net before.
Maybe you're right.After I change my graphic card I'm going to install the operating system again.I've already scanned for viruses with avg free edition and with avira free edition.Do you think it could be a virus???Do you think it could be caused by the problematic graphic card, or that it's just a problem with some driver?
I found out that my graphic card had a problem when I tried to play a game and my system crashed.I've done several tests to my hardware since then and I run the 3DMark06 test my pc crashed.I repeated this test several times and my pc always was crashing after 30-40 seconds of the test.So I figured out there was a problem with the graphic card.

Let's go with the easiest first and do the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I'll do as you said but after I change my video card.I hope your advice will return me useful again.I'll return with the results...

Yesterday I replaced the video card.I got an ATI gigabyte hd 5770 one, and I've done as you said.Till now everything is ok.I hope there won't be another bsod...Thank u again for your help Route44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back