Bang & Olufsen Beosound Emerge is a uniquely designed speaker that looks like a book

jsilva

In brief: Bang & Olufsen's latest wireless speaker keeps the company's trend of exquisitely designed audio products. Based on the books' form factor, the Beosound Emerge is a slim and elegant bookshelf speaker built with premium materials that reflect its price.

Designed by Benjamin Hubert of the London-based Design Agency LAYER, the Beosound Emerge looks like a piece of decoration in a living room or like a book on a bookshelf.

B&O's objective was to "create the slimmest speaker possible" without sacrificing sound. The non-uniform center part is narrower in the speaker's front and widens up in the back. Surrounded by two side panels, the speaker features B&O's logo inscribed in the facade.

Available in black and gold, the latter is the most premium of the two. The black model features an aluminum front grill and base and polymer side panels, while the gold model has light oak side panels, an aluminum base, and woven Kvadrat textile.

The soft-touch buttons are placed on the speaker's top, allowing users to pause or skip songs, change volume, and check the Bluetooth and microphone LED indicators. The Beosound Emerge supports Google Assistant, Spotify Connect, and multiroom technologies such as Apple AirPlay2 and Google's Chromecast.

There's a wide range of connection options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, an Ethernet port, and a line-in/optical jack. There's also a USB-C port to power the speaker and a micro USB service port.

On a more technical note, the Beosound Emerge features a 4-inch woofer driver (60W), a 1.45-cinch mid-range driver (30W), and a 0.6-inch tweeter (30W), covering a 45-22,000 Hz frequency range.

Like B&O's Beoplay Portal, the company's products tend to be priced higher than the rest of the competition. The B&O Beosound Emerge in black will goes for $699, and the gold model is $899. The speakers launch worldwide this fall.

Permalink to story.

You see those art pieces on the wall in the lower photo - They could speakers - there already are flat panels that can be painted

I'm waiting for B&O's headphones that look like exquisite dinner plates.
Smashing! Pumpkins!

The best audio gear I've ever had was a pair of Fender amps.

Speakers for a long time is ugly or "stand out". Even sound bars aren't really that hidden or understated when they are meant to be.

Though I never have enough trouble with how bookshelf speaker looks to want a literally book speaker.

I bought a pair of Klipsch "Icon" towers, (2 X 8" woofers, 1" horn tweeter) They're 46" tall, and weigh about 60 Lbs a pop. Their efficiency is 98 db @ 1 watt, 1 meter. I paid $155.00 apiece for them, on closeout.

They're big, black, looming,.and f**king loud as hell.

They don't look at all like books. So what, who gives a crap? :poop:

I figure at $310 for the pair, against 1,400.00 for a pair of the B & O mini-monstrosities, I have $1,090. dollars left over, to buy all the books I'l never the time, or bother to read anyway. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've had a play with quite a few B&O sound systems throughout the years, impressive sound, until you look at the price tag.

I guess if Style is more important to you than pure audio quality, these guys are right up your alley.

I bought a pair of Klipsch "Icon" towers, (2 X 8" woofers, 1" horn tweeter) They're 46" tall, and weigh about 60 Lbs a pop. Their efficiency is 98 db @ 1 watt, 1 meter. I paid $155.00 apiece for them, on closeout.

I figure at $310 for the pair, against 1,400.00 for a pair of the B & O mini-monstrosities, I have $1,090. dollars left over, to buy all the books I'l never the time, or bother to read anyway. :rolleyes:
Deeply envious

I guess if Style is more important to you than pure audio quality, these guys are right up your alley.
I think B & O's marketing strategy is to get customers to buy leather recliners, pipes, smoking jackets, with a sub-woofer at their feet shaped like a golden retriever, and have them sit around fantasizing that they're of royal blood.

Last edited:
Blasphemer......:eek:
Thanks for the compliment, Captian! 🤣 🤣 🤣

These ones are what sits in my HT (its rather modest) Room. https://www.paradigm.com/en/floorstanding/prestige-95f https://www.paradigm.com/en/center/prestige-55c While more expensive than the B&O bling, I bet a side-by-side comparison would reveal that the money was well spent on the Paradigms.

EDIT: Just in case you are interested - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/559431-paradigm-owners-thread-1114.html#post42081281

I think B & O's marketing strategy is to get customers to buy leather recliners, pipes, smoking jackets, with a sub-woofer at their feet shaped like a golden retriever, and have them sit around fantasizing that they're of royal blood.
I bet nVidia's CEO is a good customer. 🤣

There's no way a pair of book-sized speakers at any price will have the impact of a couple of good towers. Physics gets in the way of such dreams. ~Crank those suckers up to ten and throw away the knob!

Klipsch Icon KF-28. Fantastic speakers. Reconditioned sell for 600-700 a pair, pro reconed woofers are a bit more.

Direct link to a pic, this promo text is from the website.

The subwoofer should look like a vase
I'm sticking to my guns that the sub-woofer should look like some form of Canid. However, I will reluctantly compromise at Airedale terrier:.
brown-airedale-terrier-dog-close-up-picture-id497539044
Their beards make them look quite intellectual and stern.

They have sort of a, "don't interrupt my master while he's smoking his pipe and listening to his B & O speakers", charisma about them.

Besides, vases don't go "woof", dogs do. :rolleyes: :p.

Not for a single coil guy.
Fenders are clear, immediate, and LOUD. It just doesn't get any better. 🤪
Way back in the 90\s, country music was the best it's ever been. Not to mention the fact the recording engineers were the best they've ever been as well.

Dunno if you'll get the same rush off this YouTube video as I do coming straight from CD, but the first chord he hits,the light bulb goes on and you think, "yup, that's a Telecaster"

The comments at YouTube are funny as well. References to mullets and the like.

There's no way a pair of book-sized speakers at any price will have the impact of a couple of good towers. Physics gets in the way of such dreams. ~Crank those suckers up to ten and throw away the knob!
B & O's marketing department counts on people not knowing that and having more money than they know what to do with. Its the same with another brand that gets lots of advertising play; that brand also begins with a B, too. :laughing:

Way back in the 90\s, country music was the best it's ever been. Not to mention the fact the recording engineers were the best they've ever been as well.

Dunno if you'll get the same rush off this YouTube video as I do coming straight from CD, but the first chord he hits,the light bulb goes on and you think, "yup, that's a Telecaster"

It's got Tele twang. Did you hear that bass thump!

But the hair! Mullets!

The comments at YouTube are funny as well. References to mullets and the like.

They're having discussions with themselves in multiple personas, in multiple voices. Youbtube needs to go outside for a while. Pandemic go to hell!

Back