Batman "The Dark Knight Rises"

Zen

115967759125539284_M0Sb7Ykt_222.jpg

Well about 20 minutes ago I made a nice cool night time ride back home from one of my local movie theaters. I decided earlier in the day to give up my grip on some coin and dropped a good chunk of it and went to go see Batman "The Dark Knight Rises"!

First off as to respect others who may have not yet had the chance to see this film, this post will not contain any "spoilers" as best that I can help it.

Some after seeing the film may contemplate and think to themselves if this was the best Christian Bale Batman movie made? For me this was a hard thing to think about on the long ride home. But by the time I drove up the drive way, parked my scooter and got off of it, I knew that in my own personal opinion, this was not the best of the three.

In my head it was close, this film does have that classic Batman "Begins" charm, with a big touch of Batman "The Dark Knight", but somewhere in the film, for me, the message got lost. For me, While watching the film I was thinking that Batman should do this or that, while he goes off and does something different. I was basing my thinking of he should do this or that, based upon prior chooses and actions that Bruce Wayne/Batman had done in previous films.

In this one for me, Bruce Wayne/Batman broke new ground by changing, for the good or for the worse, I'll let those who see the film decide that for themselves. But I am pleased to say, that even with evident changes, again, good or bad, this film was very entertaining to watch.

Even though for me this film was awesome, it just wasn't awesome enough to clinch my determination that this was the best Batman film of all time. Personally speaking my favorite of the Christian Bale Batman series was "Begins", followed by "Dark Knight" and then "Rises"! Even thought this film clinched a figurative bronze medal, I still have to say that even this bronze medal of a movie was way better than anything that Keaton, Kilmer or Clooney could have ever done!

I personally have a lot of respect for an actor who "goes the distance" with a movie role. Christian Bale reportedly about a year ago was hinting at showing no interest in making "Rises"! But something must have gotten to him, bigger paycheck, couple of new company cars, bigger house or maybe something deeper, maybe something honorable and noble, maybe something inside Bale said "finish what you started"! So he made the choice and made the film, therefore being the only actor in history to do three Batman films while maintaining the integrity of both the actor, the character and the institution.

So if you have not yet seen "Rises", regardless of my own mental rating system, I would suggest that you make your way to your local theater and drop the coin and see it. If you do, bring extra money, I noticed prices on large pop corn buckets and soda have gone up a bit since last I've been to a theater!

Haven't seen it yet. I'm neck deep in work. I get home and my head is spinning from exhaustion.

I hope I can manage some time to see it with a couple of friends over the weekend.

I'm a big Batman fan. I liked the early Batman, mostly. In the 30s, he was "The Batman", was deadly, melancholy and mysterious, and would at times wield a pistol.

I've always liked Christian Bale, too. I thought he was a good choice for the Batman role. I thought he did a great job in "The Fighter". Can't wait to see "The Dark Knight Rises".

Thanks for the heads up, Zen.

Saw it last night (Orange Wednesdays FTW hehe). I agree that it takes the bronze medal although I would put the Dark Knight above Batman Begins. The plot was great although I thought the fight scenes were a bit silly as usual… there were many times when he was going against a gang baddies with guns who were just standing there waiting to get beaten up.

Did anyone else notice that half the cast from Inception was in that film?

Also maybe it's just because I grew up with it but Batman and Robin is my favourite Batman film (I know a lot of people will disagree lol). I kinda miss the lightheartedness of the Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy characters, it seems every series (Batman, Spiderman, Harry Potter) is getting "darker" with each film.

Give me Micheal Keaton over Bale any day. I always loved the originals with Jack and Danny playing the famous Joker and Penguin (Devito looked really creepy in Batman Returns).

When I sat down to watch the new ones months back I just couldn't get over that "Batman accent" Bale puts on...far too gruff and silly for my liking.

Anyways, each to his own I suppose.

I agree that it takes the bronze medal although I would put the Dark Knight above Batman Begins.

Many of my family and friends who have now seen all three films agree with your assessment, they feel the is should go "Dark Knight" winning the Gold Medal. Then "Begins" winning the Silver and of course "Rises" winning the bronze. But for me, I just don't see it that way! Because for me "Begins" is very personal, not just in my mind or my heart, but more importantly because of my spirit. In many close and various ways "Begins" depicts many aspects of my Martial Arts training! When Bruce Wayne climbed the mountain and delivered the blue flower to the mountain top base, that was synonymous to something in more and less than the actions, something that is required by my Master. The pain training and balance training, when Bruce was balancing atop polls while going through different variations of a kata, we do that, so it struck a chord in my heart, because some might think I'm crazy, but I get off big time on the balancing thing while my peers try to break me with staffs, for with what I do, pain is a wonderful teacher. The sword play in "Begins" also strikes close to my heart, for approx. 5 years ago I acquired my first certification with the Katana. Since I've been able to quire 2 more level certifications with the weapon! So "Begins" just pushed all the right button in me, the spiritual side, the training, the art, the discipline it just falls almost perfectly in-line with the path I've choose many, many years ago!

My personal order:
1) The Dark Knight
2) Dark Knight Rises
3) Batman Begins
Why, you ask? Well, because despite everything, it was worth the wait, and anyway it was the final installment.

It really all depends on your perspective too.

I personally like the 90s remakes much better.

I mean... Michael Keaton, Danny Devito, Jim Carrey, Val Kilmer, George Clooney...and so on...

I thought it was pretty good, but definitely not as good as the second one. The villains and evil plots simply weren't nearly as believable as in The Dark Knight. Less exotic weapons but an incredibly clever villain like the Joker beats fusion-reactor-turned-bomb any day in my opinion.

Back