BCCode 1000000a issue :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I have been having problems with my laptop. Its a Targa Visionary XP 210 running XP pro with service pack 2 and 3 and I have .net framework 3 also. I very recently reformatted the laptop and reinstalled xp because my laptop got infected by something nasty and none of the cleaners I tried could shift it (this is the 2nd time ive done it, the first was a fresh reinstall as the laptop was second hand). I used the same drivers as the first time I installed windows as I had had no problems with them previously.

The problem is this:-

I use my laptop for gaming Sims 2 (+ expansions) and Battlefield Heroes (BFH). When I play sims 2 I get a random freeze not after any particular time of playing. The only way to get out of this freeze is by resetting the laptop. When playing BFH I get a big mean BSOD sometimes with an error msg sometimes without. Both crashes result in a Windows has recovered froma serious error box. The latest crash gave me this in my Windows error report.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 009252EA BCP2 : 000000FF BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804E489F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I searched the BCCode and that led me here. I have attached my latest minidump file, the hijackthis log that I just ran and my dxdiag log.

Plz plz plz somebody help me, thanx in advance :)

Attachments

• Mini060710-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis.log
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
Same here, but with a shocking difference

I too am experiencing the same error, it started doing it 3 days ago, but with a sinister twist:-

** I HAVE NOT USED THE LAPTOP FOR 2 YEARS **

My laptop is an NEC, with XP 2 installed. It has no games installed, no applications, only IE6, IE7 and Firefox.

The laptop has been sitting on my desk for the past 2 years, constantly powered, turned on, with screen saver running, and I only use it as a USB power supply for my Logitech wireless mouse - and I use that mouse for another computer, the laptop does not have any Logitech software or drivers installed.

The laptop has not been used for surfing the web, and it has not been used to run any other applications.

The laptop does not have an exotic hardware installed or connected. There is no one else in my home who may have used the computer without my knowledge.

How, could this type of error occur under these conditions?

How could an operating system conger up its own error, if it wasn't programmed to do so?

0xA errors are caused either by hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for resulting in system crashes.

@ FireEater - the minidump only cited a Windows OS driver and they are usually too general to be of much help. Do you have any more minidump files? It could be a video driver issue, but at this point that is only a guess.

@ surprised - please start your own thread in the BSOD forum so we can pay full attention to your issue. FireEater's thread should have been posted there as well but both of you are new which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back