BCP errors after OEM install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this problem that I'm dealing with..
I was troubleshooting somebody's laptop and I performed a fresh install of XP on a Toshiba Satellite. Somehow, I've been experiencing several BCP errors even after performing a fresh wipe of the system. Can anyone interpret these mini dumps? Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Yes, this is the correct place but the most likely reason you didn't have your minidump files read sooner is because you zipped everyone individually. TechSpot allows 5 files per Zip.

Six of the errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes by a driver. This error and corrupted memory are a very common combination but certainly not the only hardware reason.

Of the six four listed Windows OS drivers and they are too general to be of much help.

One listed Pool_Corruption which could be that the drivers pool has been, well, corrupted.

The remianing one is most significant for it specifically cites memory corruption. Go to www.memtest.org and download their latest ISO version and burn to a CD. Let it run for a minimum of 7 Passes; any errors and new memory is needed, but I am sure you already know that.

The seventh error was 0xD1 and these are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software. Interestingly it cited hardware but nothing specific. However, in the mix was NETw5x32.sys that was not able to load and this is an Intel Wireless WiFi Link driver.

* I would do memtest first and if it goes beyond seven Passes so much the better.

* Get back to us with the results.

Thanks for the reply. Currently it's being shipped to a repair facility for a screen problem so it will be about 1.5 to 2 weeks until I can report any results from Memtest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back