belkin router lan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know if any1 can help me with this. recentley did a complete reinstall of windows xp sp2. After a total system meltdown.
have 2 computers my sons normaly conected through wirless still works fine. and mine normaly coneccted through lan cable to belkin ADSL modem with built in router. for some bizar reason i just cant get the lan to connect the icon in the taskbar says i am connected at 400 mbps but i just cant get through to it.
cant even acces the router.
if i plug the wirless dongle in no problem. it works straight away.
any help with this problem would be appreciated
I have tried turning of the firwall before any 1 suggests it
thanks

sounds like the Ethernet adaptor is not configured to use DHCP.

with the cable attached, get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all
you should get somethink like
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.48.217.227
24.48.217.226​

400? That number looks like something from FireWire. Did you actually install the drivers for your ethernet interface?

no as far as I know they are all on the disk that came with xp

no as far as I know they are all on the disk that came with xp its an oem version
I dont actualy have any other disks if its any help its an asus kv8 with gigabit lan mesh athlon 64 3200

Well, do you see it in Device Manager? In Network Connections it should be named Local Area Connection and its properties should say that it is indeed that gigabit thing.

Eureeka

thanks for your time guys problem solved device manager had a driver problem. and finaly found a driver not on the motherboard site that was usless but a couple of hours trawling the net found it anyone else with the same gigabit lane card having problems finding 1 mail me and il send it. thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back