Best 1440p Gaming Monitors 2020

My alienware 34" Curved monitor's resolution is 3440 x 1440 and a 4ms response time.
Price dropped to $700.

The new model for the new Aurora - AW3420DW - is 3440 x 1440 at 120Hz (native) with a 2ms response time. Price dropped to $999.

I've picked up 3 Dell S2716DGRs from eBay with just a minor screen scratch, generally for about $185 a piece. I usually see them around $200 but occasionally they go lower. For some reason, this monitor must scratch easy or something. They have 144 HZ, G Sync, USB 3 hub... I even replaced my monitors at work, after seeing the improvement in basic web scrolling.

My alienware 34" Curved monitor's resolution is 3440 x 1440 and a 4ms response time.
Price dropped to $700.
I'd like to add that the second best (IMHO) 1440P Ultrawide is the Acer Predator x34p rev 5.
I wish the AW34DW was that cheap like now when I purchased my x34p

How about the new Aorus FI27Q as it is an upgraded version of AD27QD. Comparing to LG 27GL850 its much of the same piece of screen except 165Hz, better contrast and looks.

This is a decent monitor round-up but I don't understand why you didn't include information on Black Frame Insertion. It's the most popular gaming feature on the market other than Gsync. Personally, I almost never use Gsync or Freesync because BFI is better for competitive FPS.

No best Budget TN? I've been considering a 1440p 144hz for a long time but every time I find an affordable one, I read bad reviews about it. I hate the idea of spending 400+ on my monitor. I view my graphics card as being the main (expensive) gaming component and it bugs me to admit it's only half the most important gaming component...

"Case in point, we can find flagship gaming monitors priced as low as $500, with budget offerings dipping below $400 for the first time."

Should be below $200 for 27-inch 1440p at least for non-gaming monitors since 4k units are all over the place...!

Price dropped to $700.

The new model for the new Aurora - AW3420DW - is 3440 x 1440 at 120Hz (native) with a 2ms response time. Price dropped to $999.
I also have the alienware and I'm still loving it. But those extra pixels add up, and in newer titles, my 1080ti rarely gets me to the 120fps that this monitor runs at. Waiting for the 3080ti/Ampere this year.

Any thoughts on the ViewSonic Elite XG270QG? That's what I ended up ordering.

No best Budget TN? I've been considering a 1440p 144hz for a long time but every time I find an affordable one, I read bad reviews about it. I hate the idea of spending 400+ on my monitor. I view my graphics card as being the main (expensive) gaming component and it bugs me to admit it's only half the most important gaming component...

Frankly, there are a LOT of good TN panels out there. Probably far too many options to narrow down easily. I've used stuff from Acer and Asus with equally positive experiences.

I could toss you a few personal recommendations to look into, but they don't necessarily have the "official" TS stamp of approval.

Both of your 'budget VA' monitors are no longer available anywhere for that price since the posting of this article. I have little doubt that it is the result of gouging due to increased interest.

Back