MY FORMATION

------------------diego----------------------------

--bos------m.richards---gunther-----v.borre----

-----------------hamsik-------------------------

---nani---------------------------silva----------

----------------ROONEY-------------------------

------torres----------------villa-------------

:grinthumb

By the way I don't form opinion about players based upon their performances in world cup/internationals, because these player don't spend enough time with each other to gel into a really cohesive unit overnight. Hence, some teams click some do not. Also another dimension to this argument is, the philosophy each coach brings to national teams may differ significantly from the leagues where they play.

Now having said that, I think you'll probably be better off with Messi in an attacking play maker role. :)

Rooney's natural position is as a lone striker (see Man.U.) playing off the last defender. and since he is good in the air, a good left winger who can beat the first defender with a cross (pass) is a must...Arjen Robben (crybaby), Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribery type player. Messi as support striker/forward with Michael Essien as the attacking midfielder.

I dont know anything about that game, but perhaps you can salvage some money by selling as well? For example, I think Torres is not worth in that lineup, based upon recent form, you can consider Milito (he should be bit cheaper to buy)? Same goes for Rooney and getting any of the above replacements.

@pcwizard96
Not a lot you can do about that since you have two goal-poaching centre-forwards in your team (two Number 9's...Rooney and Fernando). I presume your 4-3-3 should change formation to 4-5-1 when your team doesn't have the ball ? which would leave you with one centre-forward not noted for ball-winning skills having to do just that as well as a lot of tracking back.

actually, its a 4-4-2 diamond. torres and villa actually work very well together but i'm not getting the best out of rooney. :(

Well other options can be Frank Lampard or Cesc Fabergas, and they should fit in nicely in 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back