Best gaming monitor for GTX980ti machine

Conger88

Hi, I recently purchased a new computer at christmas, it has a GTX980 ti Graphics card.
And now I want to purchase the best monitor to boot.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I assume I want something with 1ms delay, highest Hz rate I can get.
Size for me doesn't matter.. and I dont want curved I think I actually prefer smaller so something < 27inch.
Some things im not sure about is gsync and is it neccesary? ips panels etc. Also I am not sure if I should be aiming for a 4k Monitor or a standard 1080. I understand I have a good graphics card but some games maxed out on 4k will lag. So can anyone point me in the right direction?

Some things im not sure about is gsync and is it neccesary? ips panels etc. Also I am not sure if I should be aiming for a 4k Monitor or a standard 1080. I understand I have a good graphics card but some games maxed out on 4k will lag. So can anyone point me in the right direction?
One thing you should consider is how often you upgrade GPU's. A monitor can last through several GPU's. You may not be able to run 4K with your current GPU the way you would like. But I would assume your next GPU would be fine with 4K. The question is whether or not you would like or need 4K (gaming or non-gaming) on a monitor less than 27 inches.

Thanks for the reply. Realistically I won't be upgrading my GPU for some time. I'm thinkin I should go for a 2k monitor with 1ms 144hz and gsync.? Would that make sense.?

OK, iv done some research and its looking like the Asus PG279Q 27-inch G-Sync, IPS, 165 Hz, 2560 x 1440 Gaming monitor is the cream of the crop. with a big price tag however. surely this monitor would be mint with my GTX980ti

Back