Best hosting site deals?

Duthie

What do people reccomend?

And Is this site accurate?
http://www.top10bestwebsitehosting....pos=1t1&a=25&gclid=CNSPruL1wqwCFQsb4QodFDNpqA

Im basically looking to setup my own personal site for,graphics,forums,maybe a portfolio with some 3dsmax stuff and maybe ....maybe in the distant future an online store. Whats the pitfalls or things I should watch out for? Basically im an I.T Graduate and I think its about time I had my own site atleast....might look good on the c.v :)

so....
godaddy?hostgator? I was told are good?

But im irish and it suits me to use laser card payments so was thinking about going for darknight.com which looks good for an irish based company,,,kinda swingin towards them but havent coughed out the money yet...

I used Justhost.com for several years and found the overall experience to be very good. Support was quick to reply, polite and helpful. They'd really go the extra mile to help a customer. Uptime was fantastic, and there was no unplanned downtime in the near on 3 years I used the service.

I changed because I needed more than just simple web hosting. I'm now with Pagematic, running a VPS. They provide a fantastic service, with really good customer support. I've not had any downtime in the last 18 months of having my sites on their servers, moreover the physical servers are located at the Planet, In Texas, a frankly huge and well connected data centre.The website might not look like much, but I can personally vouch for their service. The company was recommended by a web design friend, whose used them for the last 8 years for every single project.

Another good place would be LCN. They do everything, and I use them exclusively for my domain management and purchasing. When I go dedicated (if I need to in the future) I'll likely move to a dedicated server from them. They're based in England, with English data centres and offer UK phone numbers to contact them directly - thats always an advantage you want to consider as most are US and therefore your reduced to email only contact.

I use....

I use 1and1.co.uk (also under 1and1.com) they have been brilliant to me, i'm thinking about downgrading my hosting package in the new year as my useage has changed, same as Leeky's host, i've never experienced any down time from them and they are always happy to help you out

Advice: Be sure to keep the source code and pictures on your system. Downloading their backups is possible, but frequently useless when it/if it becomes necessary to move to another hosting solution. A GUI front-end for site management is not very helpful in this case and you need skills with FTP and SSH to use site backups created with TAR. Just be forewarned.

Back