Best Strategy Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SinOfDeath

Hey guys i was wondering what the best either, up-coming game or released strategy game. If you could tell me a reason a rating and a description of the game that would help big time. im going to take the 3 best voted ones and buy them so plz help.

Hey guys i was wondering what the best either, up-coming game or released strategy game. If you could tell me a reason a rating and a description of the game that would help big time. im going to take the 3 best voted ones and buy them so plz help.
Starcraft.
You might ask, which is most popular?
Starcraft.
You may ask which is played most in the professional scene?
Starcraft.

My favorite is Starcraft.
I'd like to make that clear :D.

There are so many. Supreme Commander, Sins Of A Solar Empire, Civilization, etc. Depends on what kind you like. :)

Well I must say that Starcraft was a revolution as far as strategy games are concerned. One of the greatest games ever.

I think we have all just mentioned mostly recent games in our previous posts. :)

lol i was gone for a couple of hours and there are tons of posts cool Ive played starcraft. Love it im still playing it, i dident like world in conflict and Rome total war has retarded cpus that have no idea where they are shooting or moving, and i haven't played all the rest. maybe you should mention some that are like starcraft. That really narrows it down. doesn't matter if it is futuristic or medieval but i don't like modern so keep that in mind. That means no tom Clancy end war OK?

Take a look above at those I suggested. I don't think you'll be disappointed. (But even if you are, don't blame me! LOL! :D)

Quote "Rome total war has retarded cpus that have no idea where they are shooting or moving"

Im sorry to hear that..I never had those issues. Maybe try medieval or empire? really good games!

i tried war hammer. i dident really like it i dunno why i guess because of the turns. or is that just on psp?

For the PC only Dawn of War Dark Crusade was turn based. The rest of Relics Dawn of War series are regular RTS.

Actualy the warhammer 40k universe is used by a lot of games on lots of platforms but it started out before any 3d games back in the maybe the late 70s but i think it was the early 80s as a "tabletop game" where people used real life figure things on sets or something like and it still exists today. The person or people that thought the universe up had been working on the universe for a long time so its incredibly complete so a lot of video games and books are based on it.

I can think of 5 games that have been released for pc alone then 1 expansion for one of those games and 2 that are in development that all use the warhammer 40k universe!!! The warhammer 40k: Dawn of war games are made by Relic and are a lot like Company of Heroes which is also made by Relic. I actually prefer both of them over world in conflict as far game play goes though the Dawn of war story is pretty weird until you get into the game more. Why dont you try the demos for the games they are completely free?

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Demo (original from 05 or 04 but don't be fooled by its age Its still awesome!!!)
http://www.gamershell.com/download_6943.shtml

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 (I dont think its even a year old)
http://www.filefront.com/13605067/Warhammer-40000-Dawn-of-War-2-Demo/

World in Conflict Demo (not as good as the whole game. And World in Conflict has a good story line that you cant see in the demo)
http://www.filefront.com/8391048/World-in-Conflict-Demo/

Company of Heroes Demo (Its a world war 2 rts but its got great game play and a few good looking mods in development including "Eastern Front" that seems to be up to the standards of the actual game if not higher!!!)
http://www.filefront.com/5473388/Company-of-Heroes-Single-Player-Demo/

That should get you started but try as many as you can demos usualy give you a good idea of the gameplay.

A few others that i can think of that should have demos are.

Supreme commander (not sure how many there are)

Starcraft (not sure how many there are though its already been mentioned a lot by hellokitty[hk] so ask him/her/hobo)

Red alert (suposed to be pretty good)

Command and Conquer (i think red alert is a spin off of these)

Wait i know here is a list of them all!
http://rakrent.com/rtsc/

One more thing There are some good mods for some of these games that can make you want to replay them a lot more so keep an eye out.

Edit: I have dawn of war dark crusade it is not turn based but in the story mod you do have to take over an entire planet and in between matches its sorta turn based, but only in that you and your enemies choose which territory to try and take from each other or defend in a normal rts match.

i think i might try Command And Conquer: Red alert ive heard thats good

Warcraft 3? Great RTS game, and even though it's a couple of years old it's still being played alot online.
Can't believe noone mentioned it.:(

Games

I loved the RA series, but RA3 gameplay seems awkward. Not the wacky cartoon units and story, the actual game play.

AoE and AoEIII were good. Starcraft never caught on for me.

Command And Conquer i like almost all the games but CnCTW
Starcraft
Warcraft 3 DoTA
BattleForge (Free to play just don't go online with your FTP cards :D)

I hear that some people like Starcraft. :) Actually it is a good game as well as the expansion Brood War.

My all time favorite is Homeworld, the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back