Best video card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob C

Hi Guys, I am trying to upgrade an old DELL Dimension 9200 tower. I am running Win 7 and it currently has an ATI X1650 video card. I have recently been given 2 cards; the first is a BFG Tech GeForce 7800 series and the other (I think because I can not find any numbers that make sense) is an ATI 9800. My question is which one is a better fit? Do I need to find a driver and if so where?
Thanks guys and take care

Sorry guys, I was told these would fit but the connectors are different in length between the 1650 and the 2 cards I was given. What is the best card for me to purchase to replace the 1650? Again sorry.

You didn't mention budget but I really like the GTX 1650 Super for older system upgrades. It does require a power supply that can power a video card. Does your power supply have that? It might not so that is another expense ....you might have to add a new power supply too. Back in the good old days I used to use a GTX 760Ti for all the upgrades to desktops. It was the one card that didn't need external power. I don't think that type of decent card exists anymore ...one that does not need more power then the graphics slot can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back