'Beyond Good and Evil' is yours for free courtesy of Ubisoft

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It seems like just a few days ago that I was writing about Ubisoft’s latest free game but a quick check of the calendar confirms that happened nearly a month ago. How time flies!

Ubisoft’s free game for the month of October is Beyond Good and Evil, a third-person action-adventure game that debuted in 2003 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube and Windows PC before finding its way to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011.

Beyond Good and Evil wasn’t really a commercial success but as Kotaku highlights, the game developed a devoted legion of fans and ultimately became a cult classic. It’s available as of writing from Steam for $9.99 but Ubisoft wants you to have it for free.

From now through roughly this time next month, Ubisoft is offering up the game free of charge through its digital distribution platform, Uplay.

Ubisoft launched its free game promotion back in June in celebration of its 30th anniversary. Each month since, Ubisoft has made a different game from its library available free of charge. Once downloaded, it’s yours to keep for good – no trials or expiration dates here.

Beyond Good and Evil joins The Crew, Rayman Origins, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. If you missed out on some of these games, fret not as there’s still time to grab this month’s freebie and two others coming up in November and December.

Permalink to story.

So far they haven't released any freebie worth wasting data on to me, it's Far Cry I wanna see and hopefully they'll oblige.

Theyve figured out the immensely complex method of getting people to use your platform: give them free stuff

Yawnnnnnn ..... I woke up from my nap for this???? Ubisoft appears to have become Ultra-Soft & Mushie ....... back to the nap!

Theyve figured out the immensely complex method of getting people to use your platform: give them free stuff

Not even worth the effort, after looking at the game. Unless I had nostalgia over something, I wont be. UNLESS it was on Steam, which it would already be like two clicks away for me. Steam is already open and on the other monitor. lol

Loved this game. For everyone not familiar with it, give it a try. It has a cult following for a reason. I really wish they had made a part 2.

Not even worth the effort, after looking at the game. Unless I had nostalgia over something, I wont be. UNLESS it was on Steam, which it would already be like two clicks away for me. Steam is already open and on the other monitor. lol

It's SO not worth the effort for a newcomer. The game has aged pretty poorly.

Honestly one of the best games I played on my PS2 back in the day. I did end up getting it on steam a few months back, but it didn't hold up like I had hoped :(

The M+K controls weren't very well polished and I would of preferred to use my Xbox controller. Its possible this has been resolved since I originally played the PC port, but I've not gone back to try it. The combat system was awesome back in 2003, but nowadays almost all platform or action adventure games use a similar system (God of war as an example). I find that I've outgrown these types of games :( Which is a shame cause it truly is one of the games I remember most on my PS2.

Back