Biden warns US companies to bolster their cyber defenses in preparation for Russian attacks

midian182

Staff member
In brief: President Joe Biden is warning US business leaders to immediately strengthen their companies' cyber defences in preparation for possible attacks from Russia in retaliation against sanctions that are crippling the country's economy.

Biden wrote in a White House statement that "based on evolving intelligence," his administration is reiterating previous warnings that Russia could conduct malicious cyberattacks against the United States.

"My Administration will continue to use every tool to deter, disrupt, and if necessary, respond to cyberattacks against critical infrastructure. But the Federal Government can't defend against this threat alone," Biden wrote. "I urge our private sector partners to harden your cyber defenses immediately."

Biden repeated the warnings at the Business Roundtable Quarterly Meeting in Washington. "The magnitude of Russia's cyber capacity is fairly consequential and it's coming," he said. "The point is that he (Vladimir Putin) has the capability. He hasn't used it yet, but it's part of his playbook."

The government has issued a guidance fact sheet for US organizations that should help mitigate against Russian cyberattacks. Some of the recommendations include implementing multi-factor authorization for systems, keeping up to date with the latest patches, running emergency exercises, and forming relationships with local FBI or CISA offices before any cyber incidents.

The Biden administration has been dealing with cyberattacks from Russia long before the Ukraine invasion. POTUS told Putin last July to act on ransomware groups operating in the county, even suggesting that the United States is prepared to respond if cyberthreats weren't stopped. He later warned that such incidents could lead to a "real shooting war." But a US official says the threat has "taken on additional significance in the eyes of the government" since Russia invaded its neighbor.

The US government is currently investigating a cyberattack on US telecommunications provider Viasat that took place on February 24, the day Russia invaded Ukraine, which it believes was a state-sponsored attack. The incident resulted in satellite modems that provide internet service for thousands of European customers, including many in Ukraine, being taken offline.

In other Russia news, a court in Moscow has found Facebook and Instagram guilty of "extremist activity" after they temporarily allowed users in some countries to post threats of violence against Russian soldiers. WhatsApp, however, will remain unblocked.

Permalink to story.

The difference between America and Russia is that America, through its "woke" BS and control of the banking cartels did their attacks on Russia in the open.

What they didn't realize is their sanctions are now a circular firing squad - hurting Americans more than Russia and pretty much sealing the end of the Biden presidency.

Most of the companies boycotting Russia are products they don't need like McDonalds/ Starbucks/etc - only exist to give us diabetes. The Russian people can survive without.

Putin is still achieving his military objecting: the demilitarization of Ukraine.

B.R.I.C.S isn't going along with America and as time goes on, people see through the media manipulation.

That said: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Russian hackers do plot revenge.

Blocking Facebook and Instagram is only more wisdom from my Comrades in the East. They should never let Zuckerberg in every, ever again. Start their own Russian Facebook and Instagram - just like China did. America controls nothing.

A massive critical infrastructure cyber attack on US would be, essentially, Putin declaring war, so, at this time, pretty unlikely. But a cyber war, not only with Russia, but also with China has already been underway for many years.

Last edited:
A massive critical infrastructure cyber attack on US would be, essentially, Putin declaring war, so, at this time, pretty unlikely. But a cyber war, not only with Russia, but also with China is already underway for many years.

The key is to use confederates for plausible deniability. And who's to say it will be just Russia?
China and North Korea (basically a Chinese buffer zone) can play too.

The difference between America and Russia is that America, through its "woke" BS and control of the banking cartels did their attacks on Russia in the open.

What they didn't realize is their sanctions are now a circular firing squad - hurting Americans more than Russia and pretty much sealing the end of the Biden presidency.

Most of the companies boycotting Russia are products they don't need like McDonalds/ Starbucks/etc - only exist to give us diabetes. The Russian people can survive without.

Putin is still achieving his military objecting: the demilitarization of Ukraine.

B.R.I.C.S isn't going along with America and as time goes on, people see through the media manipulation.

That said: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Russian hackers do plot revenge.
I think you are out of touch with the reality of things. But saying further would be talking to a stone wall. You are certainly welcome to go live with your comrades in the East. IMO, your arm-chair talking points are no different than the BS you are railing against.

I think you are out of touch with the reality of things. But saying further would be talking to a stone wall. You are certainly welcome to go live with your comrades in the East. IMO, your arm-chair talking points are no different than the BS you are railing against.

I think you're allowing yourself to be emotionally involved in the situation. Russia has superior numbers, better equipment and more time - not to mention the backing of China.

You'll see.

Sometimes you can't tell a *.... you've got to show a *.

I think you're allowing yourself to be emotionally involved in the situation. Russia has superior numbers, better equipment and more time - not to mention the backing of China.

You'll see.

Yes, we will see. However, I refuse to support an outright dictator who has faked democracy for what, 20+ years now? His own citizens are getting tired of that. I'd rather have "woke" politics as you put it than outright fake politics that Putin has employed. At least in the former, you have a potential for true freedom where as in the latter, you have no hope of any freedom at all. Look at all the crap Putin and his regime are manufacturing against those who do not support Putin. Like I said, if you want to go live with your eastern comrades, have fun.

Guys, don't talk to that Russian troll. They are brainwashed by propaganda of Kremlin. You won't change anything, because they're blind. They tell Russia is superior to the Western world, but they forget that 99% of technologies they use and like, are invented, created and built firstly by the free world. Even this portal like Techspot. But like always, they're are superior. On what? Being dumb and blind?

Yes, we will see. However, I refuse to support an outright dictator who has faked democracy for what, 20+ years now? His own citizens are getting tired of that. I'd rather have "woke" politics as you put it than outright fake politics that Putin has employed. At least in the former, you have a potential for true freedom where as in the latter, you have no hope of any freedom at all. Look at all the crap Putin and his regime are manufacturing against those who do not support Putin. Like I said, if you want to go live with your eastern comrades, have fun.
Guys, don't talk to that Russian troll. They are brainwashed by propaganda of Kremlin. You won't change anything, because they're blind. They tell Russia is superior to the Western world, but they forget that 99% of technologies they use and like, are invented, created and built firstly by the free world. Even this portal like Techspot. But like always, they're are superior. On what? Being dumb and blind?

I called this situation's ending from the very beginning. It was inevitable. Simple logic really.

Now, the rest of you are being forced to come to grips with what I knew all along.

The preeminent truth.

To deviate to mentioning the "technologies they use" is irrelevant (read that in the Borg voice please).

I knew the western media cartel controlled by those homogeneous groups were lying to me from day one. I never supported Ukraine. There was nothing to support. I knew it would end exactly as it is ending.

News break today claims Zelensky is ready to negotiate with Putin.

They never had a choice.

You'll see.

8 to 10 thousand russian troops dead, 5 generals, that's like a quarter of their loses in 10 years in Afghanistan in a month. Their offensive is stalled, troops moral is low, equipment and communication failing hard, their army a paper tiger. They only have numbers and rockets and ofc, a ton of nukes, which they will not use. Afghanistan, Vietnam have shown you can never conquer a country where there is fierce resistance, no matter the size and sophistication of your army.

I called this situation's ending from the very beginning. It was inevitable. Simple logic really.

Now, the rest of you are being forced to come to grips with what I knew all along.

The preeminent truth.

To deviate to mentioning the "technologies they use" is irrelevant (read that in the Borg voice please).

I knew the western media cartel controlled by those homogeneous groups were lying to me from day one. I never supported Ukraine. There was nothing to support. I knew it would end exactly as it is ending.

News break today claims Zelensky is ready to negotiate with Putin.

They never had a choice.
You don't have a crystal ball, and however you called it is irrelevant. You have no idea what Zelensky will accept.

People never respond well to a bully, and it is just as important what Putin's own citizens think of him. Right now, he's in war criminal territory and has been by bombing civilians and maternity hospitals.

If you want to keep blowing hot air to inflate your head, you are certainly welcome to do so.

At some point, Putin will be stopped. All he needs to do is keep playing the bully. That is all Putin needs to do to engineer his own downfall. He has not made life any better for his own citizens, in fact, his desire to restore the days of the old Soviet Union have made things worse for his people.

Political nonsense, nothing more. US makes a false claim against someone to make them enemy. This is how they justified all their invasion wars.
And likewise, Putin has done the same. Its a play right out of GW Bush's playbook. Putin had an excellent teacher.

We can just send in the folks that raided the White House. Be the best "Patriot" you can be.
Putin (GFY) hates traitors, so I doubt that even he would want them.

I have done a lot of reading up on this cyberattack stuff lately and I'm amazed at how basic it can be to get protected. (To my untrained eyes of course). If I'm missing something, then I apologize.

There was nothing to support. I knew it would end exactly as it is ending.
Im not sure what you think you are seeing, and I doubt you are either, but take note of everyone that has already told you this and remember it. Russia will not annex Ukraine, and will in fact eventually leave.

Now they could use weapons of mass destruction, but that would bring a world of hurt on Russia quickly.

Last edited:
Putin (GFY) hates traitors, so I doubt that even he would want them.

I have done a lot of reading up on this cyberattack stuff lately and I'm amazed at how basic it can be to get protected. (To my untrained eyes of course). If I'm missing something, then I apologize.

Im not sure what you think you are seeing, and I doubt you are either, but take note of everyone that has already told you this and remember it. Russia will not annex Ukraine, and will in fact eventually leave.

Now they could use weapons of mass destruction, but that would bring a world of hurt on Russia quickly.

#1 Russia has basically flattened every part of Ukraine they've touched.
#2 Zelensky is ready to surrender - Americans won't die for Ukraine. Europe won't either. They are on their own.
#3 Putin has come out of this stronger than ever while Biden's about to be a one-term-president.

If you see it differently, ooooK.

#1 Russia has basically flattened every part of Ukraine they've touched.
#2 Zelensky is ready to surrender - Americans won't die for Ukraine. Europe won't either. They are on their own.
#3 Putin has come out of this stronger than ever while Biden's about to be a one-term-president.

If you see it differently, ooooK.
You are lost. And I mean more so than usual.

#1 Because they don't want to fight man to man. On the ground. That is exactly why your friends will NEVER take Ukraine. Russia is playing it safe, and yet have still reached 20,000+ casualties.

#2 If you want to claim a factual advantage, at least spell Zelenskyy right.
And just the past 3 days show that he is further from surrender that ever (Russia has deserted an airport they previously controlled).
And Ukraine is not on their own because the amount of weapons flowing in are massive.

#3 Putin (GFY) is stronger they ever!?!? You seem to enjoy the title of laughingstock.
And right now, I hope Biden IS a one-term President.

Here's what the media doesn't tell you.

- Ukraine is NOT united against Russia. That's because only half of the Ukraine is ethnically Ukrainian. The Eastern half is ethnically Russian. The media typically refers to them as the Russian backed breakaway republics of Donbass and Lugansk. The reality is that they have been ethnically Russian for hundreds of years.

- They have been pleading to get Putin's help to secede from the Ukraine. That's because since 2014, the Ukrainian government has killed over 14,000 Russian Ukrainians in a low grade civil war.

- The Crimea was always Russian since Catherine the Great annexed it in the late 1700's.

- Since the 1500's, Russia has had no less than 12 wars with Islamic Turkey over who controls Crimea, the Black sea area, and northern Turkey. European states have often been involved.

- The present conflict is just the latest battle in a very old war between the West and Russia.

- Look at the Crimean war (1853-1856) The English prime minister Lord Palmerston wanted to expand the war and permanently eliminate the "Russian threat to Europe". Sweden-Norway and Prussia were perfectly willing to join Britain and France, thus isolating Russia.

- The West isolated Russia then, and they're trying to do the same thing now. They fear Russia.

- During the Crimean War, Turkey, England, and France teamed up to take Crimea from Russia. The scope was far larger than most realize. Britain considered it such an important war that they initiated naval operations in the Baltic Sea. This prevented Czar Nicholas from transferring to Crimean defense a huge army that was guarding the Baltic coast and the city St. Petersburg.

- Despite claims to the contrary, the Crimean war ended in an essentially Russian victory. They retained control of Crimea. The Ottoman vassal states of Wallachia and Moldavia became autonomous Christian states. Just 14 years later, Russia renounced the Black Sea clauses of the 1856 peace treaty and re-established their Black Sea fleet.

- The present Ukrainian government is basically a foreign controlled vassal state of the US, just as Moldavia and Wallachia were vassals of the Ottoman empire in 1856.

- The Ukrainian billionaire oligarchs, as well as the last three presidents, Yatsenyuk, Poroshenko, and now Zelensky, are ALL Israeli-Ukrainian dual citizens. The notorious neo-Nazi battalions are all funded by Israeli-Ukrainian oligarchs like Kolomoisky, who actually lives in Israel.

- Putin's primary goal was to stop Zelensky's illegitimate government's relentless attacks against the ethnic Russian population in eastern Ukraine. He also wants the Ukraine to be NEUTRAL, like Sweden and Switzerland have always been neutral. Or Canada and Mexico. Great countries do NOT tolerate their enemies creating problems in bordering nations, it's simply a fact of life.

- Putin has stated over and over that he does not want to occupy the Ukraine. However, he will most certainly make sure that the treaty includes clauses that will not allow Ukraine to fall under Western influence.

Once Zelensky surrenders, Putin will quite likely do the following:

- Institute trials against top Ukrainian government offciials and neo-Nazi leaders for genocide and crimes against humanity.
- Publish in-depth technical findings on the MANY US bio-warfare laboratories in the Ukraine, and possibly start international criminal proceedings against the Biden and Obama administrations. This is something that ALL people should support, regardless of their views on the Russian/Ukrainian war. Biological warfare research is a threat to the entire planet.

Contrary to the Western media narrative, Putin is not losing his people. His popularity is over 70% and going up as it becomes clear to the Russian people that the Western elites will do everything possible to hurt them.

The West will probably lose this particular battle. But remember that it's a very old war.

Here's what the media doesn't tell you.
Then you know what baby Putin (GFY). Quit cowardly slinging your missiles from a distance and tell us all, if that is true, HOW DO YOU KNOW?

See, I know you are full of it. I have done projects in Rostov-on-Don and had visited Ukraine often. Last time I was there (2018) I took a tour of the Chernobyl plant grounds. I have communicated with people in those areas for years (since 2010) and still do, and you are lying!

Most of what you posted is history (much is highly debatable) and irrelevant to today. But for the current claims, I ask again. How do you know?

Last edited:
Then you know what baby Putin (GFY). Quit cowardly slinging your missiles from a distance and tell us all, if that is true, HOW DO YOU KNOW?

See, I know you are full of it. I have done projects in Rostov-on-Don and had visited Ukraine often. Last time I was there (2018) I took a tour of the Chernobyl plant grounds. I have communicated with people in those areas for years (since 2010) and still do, and you are lying!

Most of what you posted is history (much is highly debatable) and irrelevant to today. But for the current claims, I ask again. How do you know?
He copy/ pasted the official Kremlin propaganda, that's all. People posting this, if not brainwashed Russians, it's people who believe crazy conspiracies, people that live and benefit from all free countries have to offer, but hate them with a passion.

8 to 10 thousand russian troops dead, 5 generals, that's like a quarter of their loses in 10 years in Afghanistan in a month. Their offensive is stalled, troops moral is low, equipment and communication failing hard, their army a paper tiger. They only have numbers and rockets and ofc, a ton of nukes, which they will not use. Afghanistan, Vietnam have shown you can never conquer a country where there is fierce resistance, no matter the size and sophistication of your army.
My estimates were quite conservative. It seems it's 15000 troops dead and that equals the official number of the 10 year Russian-Afghan war...

Back