Big Ad

SNGX1275

I know I'm in a minority here still using a laptop with a 1280x800 resolution, but unless I have a completely maximized browser window, this type of ad is crap.

X0eue53.jpg

If we absolutely have to have it, I can deal with it or just re-enable adblock for this site. I really don't like to run the browser full screen because I participate in our IRC channel and being able to see when people talk while I'm browsing is something I would rather not get rid of.

Hmm; While a picture *may* be worth a thousand words, it seldom conveys significant web content, especially for sites like TS. The entire site is heavy handed in graphics IMO (that's my $0.02)

I'm honestly not sure Julio. Maybe I just got super unlucky and had my cursor over a bad hover area. This is the first time I've taken care to screenshot it, but I don't think it is the first time it has happened to me here.

I have had the same problem with said ad. It does it to me on any device and with the exception of my desktop and gaming laptop my other machines have trouble (Including phone and business laptop) to where the X is off screen an un-clickable. Very annoying and seem to just pop up if you go at all within its vicinity (which I would assume it part of its point but I thought it was supposed to be something where it took time to pop up).

Not the end of the world, but it happens pretty often on my business laptop and if I browse on my phone which can be annoying.

I'm asking ad sales what's going on with that ad on Monday. I just double checked and logged in users shouldn't be getting any ads beyond standard banners (small and big) but nothing like that.

I'll also ask about interaction needed (it should be a must) for an overlay to pop up.

Thanks for your feedback and patience.

Quick update: They have admitted to a bug with that specific GM ad, I've told them to remove it but won't happen until tomorrow.

Back