Big problem. adb no longer detects connected tablet at all

Jskid

I am trying to sideload files to a Galaxy Tab 3 and when I run adb (part of the Android SDK) it says "no devices connected" or something similar. I tried reinstalling Samsung KIES which reinstalled the drivers but still no good.

driverfail.png

My mother board is an Asus P8Z68-V LE. adb used to work but I think something got messed up when I factory reset the tablet and now some hardware id doesn't match. I can't find any SM Bus Controller drivers at the Asus website.

I'd go over to XDA and browse their threads, or start a new one. That's a better place for your question.

Re: SM Bus Controller. You asked it about it in a different thread. So I guess you already tried the Intel chipset drivers. So I looked at the ASUS site for your m/b. Did you install the Intel Management Engine too listed under the ASUS chipset drivers category????

As for your other device, I'd guess you should look in Programs and Features and uninstall anything about adb or its drivers from there. Then reinstall from a fresh download

Re: SM Bus Controller. You asked it about it in a different thread. So I guess you already tried the Intel chipset drivers. So I looked at the ASUS site for your m/b. Did you install the Intel Management Engine too listed under the ASUS chipset drivers category????

As for your other device, I'd guess you should look in Programs and Features and uninstall anything about adb or its drivers from there. Then reinstall from a fresh download
I am unable to install the Intel Chipset drivers. I get the error "Does not support this operating system: WNT_6.1P_MCE"

I finally got it working. I uninstalled the driver completely through device manager, rebooted the computer with the tablet still plugged in and powered on. After I logged into Windows it added the device driver and it worked properly (y)

Back