Black and White 2 Crashes and Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodybag

So I finally borrowed the game from my friend to see what it was like.

When I started up the game I was able to play everything fine. I went through the first island with no problems. While saving the villagers from the Aztec invaders on the second island, the game crashed on me. I rebooted the game and got through the second island fine. When I started to build my town on the third island, the game crashed. I resorted to constant quick saving and got through the entire third island fine (1 hour of play). I finally got to the forth island, and whenever my game gets to the part where I draw enough attention from an adjacent city for their people to migrate to my city, the game crashes when my "Good" side says "Yay, the people from "bla bla bla" town are migrating to your city and bringing all their goods".

I'm currently running an OVERKILL system spec for this game (I play CoD4, BF2, WoW, and Oblivion):

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ (2.4ghz)
BFG 8800gtx overclocked video card
600 Watt power supply with dual 12v rail
2GB (1gig stick) and (2x512mb - dual channel) OCZ ram
DFI Infiinity motherboard
Seagate Barricuda 120gb harddrive

The game seems to have randomly crashed on every other island, and crashes at this specific point every time I get to it. So far:

----I've downloaded the newest drivers for my video card (and I've tested very old ones).
----My GPU temperature is around 60 degrees celcius (Good for 8800gtx).
----My CPU is around 40 degrees celcius
----I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game
----Ran the game at every compatibility option available
----Updated motherboard chipset drivers
----Updated motherboard bios
----Set the processor affinity to CPU0, CPU1, and both
----Patched for 1.1 and 1.2
----Added my video card to the graphics.config file and set it to the lowest possible graphics settings
----Ran the game at 800*600 and 1280*1024
----Ran the game with low, medium, high, and custom settings
----Everything else I could possibly find on the internet (about 5 pages of tech support)
----Updated my computer with every available windows XP update.
----Underclocked my video cards core and memory clock speeds by 100.

Nothing seems to work no matter what I try. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
~Mike

I don't know if this will help at all, but here is the information that is included in the error log. I can provide the entire thing if necessary.

AppName: white.exe AppVer: 1.2.0.0 ModName: scriptlibraryr.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000bd77

Installed the game and used my profile on my brother's computer, the same problem happens at the same exact point.

He's running a 4 year old Dell Dimension desktop with the best possible ATI AGP card available (don't remember the name) and a 2.2 single core Intel Processor. Is it possible that my game is faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back