Black screen after installing new hard drive

Hello,

So one day last week my pc started making weird noises. I investigated the noise and found out they were coming from the hard drive. I tried making a backup, but at that point it was too late and my pc stopped working. I tried turning it on again about two times after that, but it would stop after the medion load screen.

So I figured it was my hard drive that had failed and I bought a new identical one.

After changing them out I wanted to use my recovery disk to install the operating system, but I get a black screen when starting the pc up.

I tried putting the cable to the monitor in the motherboard itself and in my video card, but they both give the same result. When starting it up, it does seem to get power, as all fans start rotating.

Any advice on how to resolve?

Can you get to BIOS? Does system recognize and identify the new HDD? Have you partitioned the new HDD? Did you format it?

If you need a full copy of OS in order to do a clean install, download from Microsoft and put on bootable media. If Windows 10, you will not need activation key (Microsoft has it already)

Back