Black screen after numlock boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicceLe

After numerous different kind of errors over a long period of time everything culminated today as my system crashed into a black screen just after BIOS loaded and numlock booted up but before XP started loading.

Since then my system crash with black screen at every start up attempt. BIOS menu is available but it's not possible to boot up safe-mode.

I suspect some kind of overheating issue as I don't have an extra chassi fan. Besides, I guess it could be some motherboard error if it wasn't for the fact that I replaced it less than a year ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A fan

Try taking off the side of the case and putting a big fan in front of it. Try booting like that. But it's probably your OS. If the fan doesn't work, try booting in Safe Mode by pressing and holding F8 when your computer boots and choosing Safe Mode. Tell us how that works out.

Unfortunately I have no fan at hand at the moment but as soon as I have I will try it.

I am unable to boot to OS either by regular boot up or in safe mode. If I try and enter safe mode during start up nothing happens.

Next Steps

If the fan doesn't work, try an XP Repair Install. Tell us how it works out afterwards.

I installed a new fan and everything seemed to be working, although I'm not so sure it was the fan that made the case. A few days later thue, the problems came back.

This time instead of a black screen replacing Windows start-up screen I'm stuck after the boot prompt displaying that a boot record was found. I've tried to run a repair installation but the Windows Installation CD can not find a Windows partition and lists my C:partition as damaged.

Well, I managed to get my partition visable via fixboot only to land at NTLDR missing at the prompt screen. Seems to be able to be fixed via the Recovery Console. The promblem being an endless amount of blue screens entering the installation CD. I'm starting to suspect som hardware errors aswell.

The thing i that both my memory modules are barnd new and tested by memtest. My motherboard bought new just the other year.

Any ideas woulb greatly appreciated.

Now Iv'e switched the graphic card. To no avail. I've also plugged out two of my hard disks. To no awail. Flashing bios?

The Error code displayed is 0x0000000A with Driver not less or equal.

What components could have caused this and how do i failsearch it for best effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back