Black screen after plugging in XFX 8800GT

As mentioned in the title, I'm receiving a black screen after plugging in my XFX 8800GT card.
- The monitor's working because I can use it normally with integrated gfx.
- my current specs are:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
MB: BIOSTAR P4M90-7A
RAM: 2GB DDR2
PSU: CoolerMaster GX650W, 44A on a single 12V rail
I've taken the card back for testing at the XFX support counter before and it was shown to be working then. Could it be a hardware limitation of some sort I'm running into?
I have previously using Driver Cleaner Pro to clean nVidia, nVidia WDM and S3 drivers from my desktop.

Anyone have any ideas? Do I need to provide any other information?

Thanks and Regards
Alex

Start from scratch and do a complete re-install.
Otherwise don't mess with it too much, as you may have to send it back for a replacement, and you do not want to make any changes that void the warranty.
I would test it in another computer if you have the opportunity.

It isn't clear to me from your post but did you plug in the card's external PCI-E power connector to the PSU?

mailpup: Yep, I did plug in the 6-pin power connector at the tail end of the card.
raybay: Sorry but what do you mean by complete re-install? Pulling all the plugs off the mobo and sticking them back in?

I'm using a Phoenix Bios 6.00PG. It says "Init Display First - PCIEx" under the PnP/PCI configuration section. Not sure if that's the same thing because I can't seem to find a "Primary Display Adapter" heading under any section.

There's a "PnP OS" option that's disabled. Should I enable it?

Enabling PnP OS is not required. Everything else seems ok.

Do as raybay suggested. Take apart everything and re-assemble.

Back