Windows 10 Black screen after Nvidia Driver Update

Hi Guys

I have a problem that I cant seem to solve I have tried everything that I have found online to solve this problem. Right after I install the latest Nvidia Drivers for my laptop my screen goes BLACK after the windows logo when I reboot.

My Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64Bit (Fresh/Clean Installation)
Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-572G)

Things that I have tried already without any success:

Install older versions of the driver
Download drivers from different websites
I dont seem to get the cursor that some people are talking about
Cant log in or access anything with my black screen (Blind login)
I install windows 8.1 84bit but still same problem so im back to windows 10
Pressed the windows+P button to change to primary screen ( Or ctrl+P) but no change
Plugged in a different monitor (VGA and HDMI) still nothing
Installed the drivers in a lower resolution

After doing all this still no success

#Just a extra note

I dont know if this could have anything to do with this but I was busy playing a game before this problem started and in the middle of the game the graphics card driver crashed multiple times with a pop up that said something about your nvidia driver xxxxxxx has stopped working then my laptop froze. When I do a restart its fine again. I havnt done a format in 10 months so I thought its about time to get a fresh installed windows again so I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 home but after the format im having this problem which is also right after the driver crash problem. Could this mean anything? The laptop is 10 months old still under warranty.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thank You in advance

Under warranty? In your situation, I would go directly to Support at Acer and seek their help.

"playing a game before this problem started and in the middle of the game the graphics card driver crashed multiple times with a pop up that said something about your nvidia driver xxxxxxx has stopped working then my laptop froze" could be:
- corrupted driver
- failing video chip
- failing HDD
Since you apparently re-installed the OS, it seems it is more likely to be a hardware failure

Best advice: go to manufacturer, take their advice, document what you do.

Under warranty? In your situation, I would go directly to Support at Acer and seek their help.

"playing a game before this problem started and in the middle of the game the graphics card driver crashed multiple times with a pop up that said something about your nvidia driver xxxxxxx has stopped working then my laptop froze" could be:
- corrupted driver
- failing video chip
- failing HDD
Since you apparently re-installed the OS, it seems it is more likely to be a hardware failure

Best advice: go to manufacturer, take their advice, document what you do.
Thanks for your reply! Im taking my Laptop directly to Acer this week will give a update as soon as they tell me what the problem is/was! I also think it can only be a hardware failure

Back