Black screen after Windows 7 64-bit boots

Hello techies, I have this problem with my Dell Studio 1749 laptop
Stats:
Intel Core i3 CPU @ 2.27 GHz
Toshiba MK5056GSY Hard drive at 500 GB
628KB video memory
1333MHz memory speed

When I boot it will boot the hardware, then it will boot the OS (in safe mode I saw a list of processes complete, and then it says "Please Wait..." then I get the the black screen error)

There is a popup too, something involving the internet availability which leads me to believe that the computer is running, yet I only get a black screen and the cursor, I can't access any commands or the command prompt.

So I am led to believe that there is something wrong with my video card, yet I do not see where or how in the BIOS I could possibly reset it without actually dismantling the computer (which I am willing to do at this point).

I ran a diagnostic through the BIOS, and it couldn't pick up anything wrong with the computer.

I tried making a bootable USB stick but that didn't work out because it didn't recognize it when it booted.

I tried running all the variety of standard boot modes, and accessing the advanced through F8 worked the first time, but now It isn't working.

Any assistance I can receive on this problem would be greatly appreciated. :D

Brief update, I got the pop-up again once I submitted the thread, it says:

Wireless Configuration
"Notification dll has not been registered, program will not work correctly."

"I tried making a bootable USB stick but that didn't work out because it didn't recognize it when it booted"... Did you make sure that the laptops bios were set to boot from a USB device first in the boot list?

Yes I set it there, but when I first exited the BIOS and the hardware first booted a message comes up saying

Remove disks or other media. (there are no disks in my disk drive)
Press any key to restart

Then I take out the USB it just goes back to the Windows Error Recovery and when I select an option the OS loads and the black screen is back.

P.S: Thanks for such a quick reply.

Would that be in one of the advanced boot options? Because when I hold F8 during the booting of my hardware I can't get the advanced, only the basic. And would a "Factory Restore" wipe my hard drive? Because I haven't backed mine up (techy fail I know).

Yes the factory restore would return the laptop to like it was when you first bought it. If you remove the hard drive and get another to install Windows on, you can put the old drive in an external USB case and recover your data that way

Any other methods you recommend me trying? I'll be tinkering with it on Tuesday during my tech class but I just wanted to know if anyone had anything I could easily do at the moment to try and resolve the problem :D

Back