Black screen problems

Whats up guys this is my first post buttt, I'm having these problems with the computer I just built. I can power on my PC and when I go on Mozilla, Chrome, or IE for 5 min or more the screen will turn black and will not come back up. I have to reboot my computer everything comes back up as it should and then I browse the internet and bam black screen again. I can play games for hours with no problems at all not one time. I'm running 2 6790 in SLI I've tried switching them around to a single card tried both cards one at a time and still had the problem.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad
8GB Ram
XFX 780i Mobo
XFX 6790 X2 in SLI
500GB HDD
700Watt PSU

I think you mean XFX 6790 X2 in Crossfire not SLI. Do you have access to a better or more powerful power supply for test purposes?

Yeah I mean crossfire. I don't have access to a more powerful PSU. Could it be the PSU causing it? Cause when I run a single card it does the same thing.

I'm not sure about the PSU but if you have any other spare components to test with, do so. Do you have another monitor, RAM or graphics card?

Seems like it could even be an issue with 2D rendering. I'd check Windows Event logs for anything suspicious.

Back