Blank display with blinking underscore

kash

“Blank display with blinking underscore”

Hi every one,

Since one week back I formatted my computer. i.e. i formatted C: drive in hard disk using XP cd. The format has completed and it also took automatic restart also, But the really problem started now after the restart of the computer it not at all showing anything not even continuing forward with initialization of Xp, it just showing blank diaplay with blinking underscore. "i.e. - " . i already formatted the C: drive for more then 10 times but the problem is same. And I tried to install the XP in G: Drive but again the problem is same. Only and only dam blinking underscore

Please help me in this problem by brothers and sis...

I would first check the system bios to make sure the hard drive is being detected. Next, check the system bios boot order to make sure the hard drive is the second device to boot from. If all of these are correct boot into recovery console using your windows disc to see if the OS actually appears on the partition. This may be the result of a failing hard drive. You can run a diagnostics test on it from a using a bootable disc. Check your the manufacturer's website of the hard drive to see if they offer a tool for their drives. If not, try SeaTools from Seagate.

i had the same problem on my eee-pc netbook, i re-partitioned the hard drive and it was fixed, maybe you can try this?

Ya Sir, the Bios is detecting the Hard disk and its showing also that "160 Gb Seagate". and second device is hard disk only, anyways last knight another problem is created that is when I started computer and inserted Xp Cd and started booting from Cd and when it got loaded and i saw there are no partitions only i was shocked and got upset i don’t know why it has happened like that, i don’t know were all my partitions went. it was showing only one partition that to un-partition space is sum 152 Gb. and I thought let it go and i did re-partition of entire hard disk and again i started loading Xp in C: drive and all the files successfully copied to C: drive and after completion of loading file, The computer took restart and when the computer got restart the problem is again the same. The same Dam Blank display with blinking underscore. I am really getting to upset and know me thinking that there might be any problem with RAM or what? or other Things may be like Mother Board or something. I really don’t know?.

Please let me know what actually the problem is, the "Hard Disk, Mother Board, RAM, or ME it self?

Thanks Dear, last knight I did full partition of Hard Disk, But the Result is same. Blank display with blinking underscore.

Please let me know if there is any other solution.

Thanks for you help, I got the solution, that is My hard Disk was damaged and I purchased the new hard disk and it worked..

Thanks for your help, I got the solution, that is My hard Disk was damaged and I purchased the new hard disk and it worked..

Back