Blank screen, not sure if its a Windows 7 or hardware problem

jools182

When I started my PC this morning, it started ok, and then just after it finished booting up and I started firefox, the screen went to standby mode with the power light flashing

I just pressed the power switch on the screen and it came back on and seemed to run fine

I used the PC for a few hours then went out for a while

This afternoon when I tried to start up, the PC sounded like it was starting up fine, but the monitor is completely blank and it was on standby mode despite trying the monitors power button a few times

Tried the reset switch on my pc, and although it sounds like its booting up fine, I get a completely blank screen

The weird thing is now that the power button on the monitor is on all the time and won't switch off :confused:

ok, tried a new monitor and its working

problem i have now is that windows 7 isn't starting, no start up beep or anything, maybe due to the fact that i had to shut down using the power button as my monitor wasn't working

can anyone help?

ok, tried a new monitor and its working

problem i have now is that windows 7 isn't starting, no start up beep or anything, maybe due to the fact that i had to shut down using the power button as my monitor wasn't working

can anyone help?

I suggest posting this in the General Hardware section. Make sure you give them your hardware specs and a brief description of your issue(s).

Back