Blank Screen when installing Nvidia Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have this problem where my computer gives me blank screen with blinking cursor or "_" when i'm installing nvidia forceware of any version. My computer was totally fine before i brought it to motherboard reparation place because some of the pins are bent. Now, sometimes it just stays blank screen and sometimes it then restarts. That kind of problem is on Vista though. On XP, it just won't let me go further than the Welcome screen or it just gives me 4-bit color on 640x480 resolution. However, i am able to install the video driver came from the cd. It's been weeks like this and i haven't found a solution. The technician can't repair it either. I have tried flashing bios, format my computer, reseat my video card but nothing works. Can anyone help me please?

My spec :
MSI Platinum 975X V2
Intel C2D E6400
MSI NX7950GX2 1GB
A-Data Vitesta Extreme Edition 2GB
CoolerMaster 450W

Download these drivers for Windows XP. Uninstall your current VPU drivers in Safe Mode via the Device Manager. Reboot into Safe Mode and install the drivers linked above.

Good luck :(, sounds like quite the dilemma. Post back with your results.

Sorry for the late reply. My internet speed is 56K so downloading the thing takes quite some time. Anyway, the driver still doesn't work. My computer hung at the Welcome screen. Do you have any other suggestions?

Ah sorry, i didn't make that clear. My computer was totally fine before i misplaced the CPU and then it broke down because some of the pins are bent.

Hey there. I spent hours trying to solve this same problem. I have a XFX 680i LT SLI and I'm running two 8600 GTs with XP. I tried everything I possibly could but I finally figured out this was a Windows problem (imagine that) instead of a Nvidia problem.

What worked for me was pressing F8 continously at boot until the boot options came up. On that screen you should see an option that says "Restore directory." After selecting this option in a last attempt before calling support my windows screen magically lit up. This was after I had already installed the drivers as well. Give this a try, it might work for you. Just make sure to back up any perinent information first. Hope this helps if its not too late.

ElGuapo1 said:
Hey there. I spent hours trying to solve this same problem. I have a XFX 680i LT SLI and I'm running two 8600 GTs with XP. I tried everything I possibly could but I finally figured out this was a Windows problem (imagine that) instead of a Nvidia problem.

What worked for me was pressing F8 continously at boot until the boot options came up. On that screen you should see an option that says "Restore directory." After selecting this option in a last attempt before calling support my windows screen magically lit up. This was after I had already installed the drivers as well. Give this a try, it might work for you. Just make sure to back up any perinent information first. Hope this helps if its not too late.

Thanks for the suggestion although i still can't get the driver to work. It was worth trying though. Thank you, I need all the help i can get.

If you aren't even getting through the bios post then try running with only one stick of ram in slot 1 (and try each stick that way) to confirm it isn't a ram issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back