Blind Bios Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

treetops

Hi, I have an ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard and i was wondering if anyone could help me out in updating the bios blind. I need to update it to make it compatible with my CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor. I would really appreciate any help...

Thanks,
Treetops

I'd assume that board would just take the CPU without complaints, but apparently not. Can you even do a blind flash without a CPU? Maybe a friend that can loan you an E8400, or something, for the flash?

Hi treetops,

I had the exact same issue as you, had a new Core 2 Quad CPU on a 4 month old Motherboard that could support it, but the BIOs was only for Core 2 Duo.

Luckily I just whacked another in from the service centre (work), then proceeded to flash the bios to the latest version. And away we went with the Core 2 Quad.

Not too sure how to do it blind? Would be interested to know if you manage it

Seriously...

I'm quite sure you can't blind flash without the CPU, or a compatible CPU at that. Granted, I've never been in your situation so I've never tried it, but you just don't get too far without that toasty little square. It just seems kind of hasty to have to blind flash. I would just order a dual for a moment, but I have my own store to sell the unwanted dual core. Maybe you could talk a friend or family member into letting you build them a dual core system. Then while you're building theirs, just borrow their new ASUS compatible CPU. Creativity usually solves these dilemma.

Off topic...

Did your board come with express gate?

Yea I'm quite positive it cannot be done without a processor. In order for the motherboard to flash the BIOS, information must be passed through the CPU. Personally, I would get rid of that board because I've owned one and it's a miserable piece of hardware. There are much better Quad Core solutions on the market, the driver support for the P5N-D is just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back