Blue Screen Caused by Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey TechSpot Friends,

I need help with a difficult issue regarding my computer. Recently within the last six months I got a new Toshiba Laptop with 3GB of RAM and a 1.8GHz processor. But lately, I've been getting Blue Screen messages from Windows Vista when I open my computer to use it. This began happeneing to my desktop last year and I never could find the problem.

The Geek Squad guy said that I had 100's of viruses and trojans on my desktop which was causing the blue screens on my desktop. He coulsn't find any viruses until after he did extensive tests and I'm skeptical that there were any at all because I don't make it a practice of visiting shady or virus filled websites, just the usual college girl sites: Facebook, perezhilton, PostSecret, etc.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this is a problem being caused by Windows Vista. I meet the specs I believe for it and so did my desktop. Is it possible that this could be caused by Windows Vista? I scan my computer for viruses and stuff with AVG and it always comes back clean.

Also, I know that the blue screen is often referred to as the blue screen of death, but my computer seems fine, is it doing serious damage to it every time it happens? What can I do to help my computer? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Why didn't you post under your original member name: delorpompomGD , with same IP

You do realize you can only have one member name.
Which member name is the one that you are keeping?

I want to keep the GD one but when I requested my password from TechSpot it gave me the weird one. It's been awhile since I've been on here so I forgot what the password to my account was. Sorry. I want to keep the delorpompomGD one.

I'll try to organize a password reset email to be sent to you
If that is done, then all these posts made under your new member name may be removed, so it may be best to wait a day.

In the mean time just do this: (times have changed since I supported you before)

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Run Startup Control Panel and remove any not required startups: (should be most!)

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

There you go ;)

Hopefully after doing all of the above, we may be able to sort out your original password issue :)

No reply required
And please do not post elsewhere, ie any new thread or reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back