Blue screen error caused by a device or driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

i have a novatech computer, its about 4 years old and so far have not had any problems.

however...just recently it has started either shutting down or restarting out of the blue.

it either tells me Blue screen error caused by a device or driver or something to do with service pack 3.0??

does anyone have any ideas??
i have hijack this, would it help posting some info from this?

thanks all

dan

it either tells me Blue screen error caused by a device or driver or something to do with service pack 3.0?

This information is too vague. However, in the absence of any system information, I will tell you that the SP3 update is causing shutdown/reboots on some AMD processors.

Either uninstall SP# or be more specific in:
What device or driver?
What exactly is the error message?

Hi there,

Do you need this info?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: AWARD_
System Model: AWRDACPI
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

I thought about uninstalling SP3 but was not sure if this would have any detrimental effects on my computer?
The error message was "Blue screen error caused by a device or driver"
The said Blue Screen / Memory_Management
Then Dump Physical Memory.

Sorry i'm not great at the technicals....

Dpes that help?

Thanks

Dan

Dan, I can't advise you without more information. Regarding device error:
Control Panel> System> Hardware tab> Device Manager> look for yellow triangle w/black! indicating error on the devices.

Additionally, check the Event Viewer for Error that corresponds to time of the blue screen. The has logs for the System and Apps, documenting everything taking place on the computer:

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer>>> do this on each System and Apps>>
Click on each to open the log> look for Errors on right screen> right click on Error> Properties> click on Copy icon top right below down arrow and Paste here (Ctrl V)

You are looking for Error corresponding to time of BSOD. Please ignore Warnings and Information Events. You do not need to include the lines of code-if any-in the box below the Description, but include all else.

Bobbye,

There was nothing corresponding to a device error.

I found these in the event viewer.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 08/09/2008
Time: 11:01:43
User: N/A
Computer: USER-WPQD15QDG1
Description:
Error code 0000001a, parameter1 0004128b, parameter2 01046201, parameter3 0091e844, parameter4 c0503000.

there were others but this one is the most relevent i think.

thanks

dan

Thank you.
The 0000001a error is the memory management error.

Did you also have " BSOD error 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, which is usually attributed to a device driver issue or faulty/mismatched RAM?

IF so, taking the two together would indicate you need to check the RAM. From Daniweb:
1. Check the mobo and RAM module specs; make sure the RAM is of a compatible type/speed for the mobo.

2. Check the RAM modules to make sure that they are firmly and properly seated into their mobo slots. Check all other connections and components while you're in there.

3. If you have more than one RAM module installed:
* Run the system with only one module installed at a time. If the system only BSODs when a particular module is installed, you've found a likely culprit.
* Run an extended test with the free memtest86 RAM test utility. I usually run the tests for at least hours.

4. Recheck the driver software packages you've installed. Make sure that there aren't any known compatibility issues with your particular versions and/or their related hardware devices. Update or reinstall drivers if no other likely causes have been turned up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back