Blue screen error stop 0x000000D1 eMachines

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainscape

I am getting error 0x000000D1 with some other codes I'll post here in a second... I can't run my computer because I get a media test failure from nvidia and then it asks to insert system disk... When I do the disk loads up normaly, now if you have a eMachines system disk you know that it takes a while to load the files... My computer does that... Then after it loads all the files it does a Microsoft software green loading thing... Mine goes threw that for about 30 seconds and then I get the blue screen with the codes... It also says Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal... I'll post the full codes here in a couple mins... Also I haven't downloaded any soft or hardware accept update a game called warrock the day the crashes happened

here are the full codes: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x83D90395)

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

the problem with that is that I can't start my computer without the system disk... Then when I put the system disk to reinstall xp... then I get the blue screen

sorry for doubble posting

here is a 10 minute video of what I recorded on what's going on... This is my video and shows exactly from beginning to end on whatLINK REMOVED BY POSTER

I want someone to confirm this: I talked to a friend of mines dad and he said to unplug and ground the computer and take off the pannel after that remove the ram then plug the computer to reset the ram bored and after that unplug the computer and reground it and reinsert the ram again and it should fix it...

Believe it or not I actually tried to access your YouTubw video but it didn't work, even cut and paste over YT.

Wjat does he mean by "ground the computer"?

Believe it or not I actually tried to access your YouTubw video but it didn't work, even cut and paste over YT.

Wjat does he mean by "ground the computer"?

ground it somehow so I don't get electical shock from extra charges in the system... Let me get the link again

I believe here at TechSpot you have to have a certain amount of posts before being permitted to link.

Okay, I see what he is saying. You also don't want to have static electricity in you because one little spark from your finger on a motherboard will literally fry it. I kid you not.

I need to go to bed but I did watch some of it. I noticed Media failure. Did you check the cables? I will look at it more tomorrow but I have a funeral in the morning.

now I'm fked (excuse my language) my computer casing is a sort of metal so they put metal screws on it to make sure it doesn't fall off... But 2 of the screws are now striped and I can't get them out....

I have tried the ram removal thing and it still does it :/... Atleast I know it reconises the ram slot because when I ran the computer without the ram man I was blasted with a ton of beeps

route before you leave... How do I make 100 % sure that I have no static in me?

There are two things you can do: 1) buy an anti-static wrist band or b) what a lot of us do and that is touch the power supply or the metal case.

well the ram thing didn't work so... Hopefully you'll take a look at that video... Also if you wondering how am I on here if my computer is crashed it's cause I'm on my palm pixi plus...

well the ram thing didn't work so... Hopefully you'll take a look at that video... Also if you wondering how am I on here if my computer is crashed it's cause I'm on my palm pixi plus...

I promise you I'll take a full look at it tonight.

k thanks... Hopefully I or someone else who costs cheep can fix it before 15 days because if not I'll have to call emachines and my 1 year warrenty ends in 18 days

k I will asap... Also my whole family has a grudge on gateway because we had a gateway computer like 7 years back and it crashed so we took it in a gateway repair place and it was sitting in they're for 2 years with no info on what's going on with it... Our old gateway computer had a simular problem as what I'm having with this computer... Gateway fail

Okay, I believe we have something definitive to work with and the information came at the end of your video. It is a 0xD1 error and the driver cited as the cause of your issues is nvstor.sys. There is a lot on the 'net concerning this driver.

Nvstor.sys is a NVIDIA nForce Sata Performance Driver - NVIDIA nForce SATA Driver.

1. The issue could be with the harddrive itself as seanc believes and I would lean this way myself.

2. Nvidia SATA drivers need to be updated but to do this you need to access the internet, find your exact model on Gateway's website and download the latest chipset offerings as well as update other drivers.

3. Your SATA cable(s) is/are defective.

* Don't try to fix this yourself. Use those 18 days and give Gateway or whoever else made your E-Machine the following:

a. The failure messages on the black screen with write lettering, i.e. the ones about Media failure etc.

b. The failure to boot from and load from the disk.

c. The error code 0xD1 and the driver cited as the cause nvstor.sys.

d. Anything else you can think of.

* This is under warrenty and they need to fix it. Don't let them give excuses.

what I need to know before I do anything is if it could be anything I may have downloaded? I need to know this as my father won't do anything until he knows it was a fault on the makers side...

I don't think 'any thing' you may have downloaded can result in this sort of issue with SATA driver; however, as this thing is still in warranty I believe Route's suggestions is the optimal one, so you should consider doing it at earliest.

what I need to know before I do anything is if it could be anything I may have downloaded? I need to know this as my father won't do anything until he knows it was a fault on the makers side...

Can you think of anything you downloaded that might have caused this issue?

To repeat myself, I would not attempt to fix this on my own since this is still under warrenty. There are a number of variables to the cause. let their tech straighten it out especially since you can't boot up nor will it even allow you do run disks.

Also, when in the future you want to build your own just let us know under the General Hardware forum and you'll get excellent advice. No more eMachines for you!

@Archean - have a great Memorial Day weekend my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back