Blue screen error windows xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i'm havin a promlem with blue screen errors about once a day and i've tried registry repair but no joy,

this is what is on the blue screen; driver_irql_not_less_ or_equal

stop 0x000000d1 (0x00000400, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf8395a29)

ndis.sys address f8395a29

and also when i've sent error report to micro soft it has siad its Netgear Ethernet
fa312nd5.sys

please can anyone help

many thanks
john

0xD1 errors are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. If it is the Netgear Ethernet fa312nd5.sys driver then update the drivers for this product.

How old is your computer, and how long has it been working properly.
You have a hardware error which could be anything... any hardware not working properly, or the driver for which is not working properly.
Since Netgear is suggested, I would download the drivers separately on another computer, then go to that computer in SAFE MODE if it will let you get there in Safe Mode... usually will.
Then remove or disable the old Netgear driver, and install the new one.
If that doesn't work, the fix can become very tedious...
The first choice, apart from modem, ethernet, and hard drive, is the video graphics...
First, reinstall the video graphics driver.
Then, download all other drivers for all devices, the install them, one at a time over the top of exisiting drivers.
When that does not work,
try to reduce the computer to the most basic install by disconnecting everything you can... resulting in one memory module, and a boot device... to see if the error rears its ugly head that way.
You have to work up a system that allows you to test every component. Keep good notes on what you do.
Test your video graphics first, since that is the most common cause, then memory next, by using just one module, then the other... running MemTest86 (free download) for four hours or seven passes.
Some things that work will screw up your hard drive install, as Windows will detect any changes as piracy and shut down or disable full functioning...
If you have access to an extra drive, install that new drive temporarily to see what errors result.
The error can occur on something you are not using, so remove the modem card, any video graphics card, sound car, or anything else in a PCI slot such as a row of USB ports, etc.
Good luck. This can be infuriating or at least frustrating, or you could get lucky. So do the work in spurts when you really do not need a computer.

thanks for the help i'll give it ago the way you have surrgested
my pc is about 5 years old, the problem started about 2 weeks ago

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back