Blue screen keeps showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am not that great when it comes to all the technical stuff about computers. I just bought this comp back in November and the other day I get the BSOD about bugcode_usb_driver....eh?

Here's my specs:

HP Pavilion p6210f
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Athlon 620 Quad Core
NVIDIA Geforce 9100

This screen has popped up more than 4 times today and I was forced to reboot. Can anyone help be banish this demon please? If you need more info, let me know and I'll try my best to track it down. :confused:

First, that is a nice AMD quad core. Great bang for the buck!

Second, are these crashes random or do you notice a pattern, i.e. when you are doing such and such this problem occurs?

Third, attach your five latest minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hey Route44, thanks for the reply!

The AMD is fantastic ;)

I was having a problem earlier with something called bugcode_usb_driver, which was causing the BSOD. Turns out all I had to do was go to my wireless adapter's site and download the latest driver...worked like a charm. But now I'm having another BSOD issue.

I don't if you know much about adventure games, but I just installed Scratches the director's cut onto my system. Whenever I try to run it I get another BSOD, but it goes away so fast I barely have time to read anything on it. I went to zip the minidump files for it and there are none. However, I checked under the Action Center and here's the last two reports:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000094
BCP2: FFFFF96000925577
BCP3: FFFFF88007353778
BCP4: FFFFF88007352FD0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Bucket ID: X64_0x7E_cdd!PresentWorkerThread+20b
Server information: 2b30ad00-fc25-4aa9-a2d8-13bbbb6bc0ca

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000094
BCP2: FFFFF96000805577
BCP3: FFFFF88002CF7778
BCP4: FFFFF88002CF6FD0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I don't know if that helps any, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Your error code and definition is 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information and pay particular attention to triangles with exclamations or Red Xs.

Since this issue appears not to have occurred prior to this game do the simple diagnostic step of completly uninstalling it and see if that brings stability.

Okay, it happened again this morning (before I saw your post)...and this time it logged a dmp. I attached it, please let me know if it doesn't work.

Attachments

• 020510-17066-01.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 1
For whatever reason the Zip file itself was corrupted. In your next post just attach the minidump file as is without zipping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back