Blue screen, NOT BSOD

learninmypc

image.jpeg image.jpeg
I was checking out routes on google earth pro when my screen suddenly went blue showing this . While it was going, l googled memory management but didn't keep link. It was http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/memory-management
After it rebooted, I clicked start>all apps> went down to Windows Admin tools & clicked on Windows memory diagnostics & let it run also, it said it would post results once I logged back in but that never happened.
It did show no problems found during the 2nd test

Last edited:
I'd run memtest on your RAM. It's available as an ISO image you can boot and run. For RAM to be totally in the clear it needs at least 7-passes. I advise you set it running before bed and leave it running overnight.

Click this link (its the download link on memtest website for the .iso image: http://www.memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-iso.zip
Download the image.
Extract the .zip archive to get the .iso image.
Open your disc burning software and insert a CD-R/CD-RW into your drive
Burn the image to the disc.
Leave the disc in the drive once complete
Restart your computer and boot from the optical disc drive
The memtest software will then boot and it should start immediately. If not, follow the instructions.
Run at least 7 full passes (this takes hours not minutes)
If it completes 7 full passes without a single error the RAM is okay

If you get any errors, you can either remove all but one DIMM and run the test again. Run separately for each DIMM with the above instructions.

You could also replace the RAM if it errors - let me know what RAM you have and I'll recommend some replacements.

I clicked the link & all I see the destination folder (USB) where it went to. Nothing else :(
got the website :)

That's a long time to run 7 passes. Don't think one-pass took more than an hour to scan 8 GB on my desktop. That was a while ago, but don't think too much has changed w/ the program. It is what it is, guess you'll just have to wait a while.

I think you mis understood me or I said it incorrectly.What I tried to say is if that BIOS link is correct, I'm too tired to start it tonight so I'll have to do it in 24 hours.. A 20 mile bike ride in 80 degree temps did me in.:)

Ok, possibly a dumb question to some, but never have done this before I need to know, I've downloaded the zip file to my USB & unzipped it to same.
About how long could it take? @Leeky said ; Run at least 7 full passes (this takes hours not minutes). Will it run 7 times or will I have to restart it 7 times? TIA Will be AFK for a hour or so this afternoon but will be back :)

It shows the number of passes on the screen. It'll need to run all night, quite literally.

It will run over and over each full pass. You just have to walk away from the computer and let it do its thing. No need to reboot in-between passes.

EDIT:

See the number of passes highlighted with the yellow line in the picture below?

memtest1.jpg

That needs to read at least 7 passes without a single error, if RAM is okay. The screenshot above is showing errors but yours should say 0.

Note that test had run for 9 hours 17 minutes with 16GB RAM. It takes quite a while.

Last edited:
Ok, I thank you. Hopefully I can start it around 5pm PDT :) today :) Keep fingers crosssed, I aint never done this b4.

While rebooting it shows
<F10-Settings> <Esc-Boot Menu>
<F11 System Recovery< F? -Diagnostics.
I tapped Esc but it just rebooted. Why didn't it go into bios. ?.

Since last post, I've managed to get an options screen up but regardless of which one I tapped, it still booted me back to the desktop. . One of the choices was PNY which I'm guessing is the USB it is on. Is it me or ???

image.jpeg
When the usb was in there, it showed PNY, I have since removed the flash drive . Don't matter which I chose, tapping enter rebooted the pc to the desk top

Press F10 at boot screen and enter BIOS. Double check that you can boot from removable USB media and then save any changes.

Then press Esc to bring up the boot screen again. Choose the PNY USB memory stick to boot.

If that continues to just boot Windows it might be because the memory stick isn’t prepared correctly. In your scenario using a CD would be much easier.

If that continues to just boot Windows it might be because the memory stick isn’t prepared correctly. In your scenario using a CD would be much easier.

Ok, possibly a dumb question to some, but never have done this before I need to know, I've downloaded the zip file to my USB & unzipped it to same.

Did you run imageUSB.exe per the readme file? Btw the files needs to be unzipped to a folder on the hard drive, not USB.

Did you run imageUSB.exe per the readme file? I don't know. . Btw the files needs to be unzipped to a folder on the hard drive, not USB Didn't know :(
Sorry, I'm dense at this :(

As per above post.

You need to go to the boot menu in your BIOS and then make sure removable disks are set to boot before your hard drive.

Back