Blue screen of death, repeated 0X000000F4 error, need some sort of solution to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dears,

After installing Windows XP, the computer runs fine for a day (atmost) the i get the blue screen, which says at the base "beginning dumping of physical memory"...when i re-install windows, i get this problem again and again....

I wrote the message it gave me last time.. it said..

STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X85EB47DO, 0X85EB4944, 0X805D1142)

[there is a possibility of error in this code cuz i have low eye-sight but hopefully u'll find the problem.. ]

I have been having this problem since i introduced SATA hard-disks, first i had it with the an 80 GB WD hard-disk, then i switched to a non-SATA which worked fine...then i bought a 320 gb sata WD hard-disk and again im being devastated...

My computer specifications are..

Intel D945gccr core 2 duo @ 2GHz
Ram- Kingston 1 GB

Please Please Please Help me...
God give you and your family everything u wish for if you solve my problem!!!!

thnx

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I didnt find any minidump folder

i went to windows folder, and there was no minidump folder. I searched for minidump in the whole "C" drive, even in case-sensitive and hidden, but no minidump....

[By the way, when the last 0X000000F4 error occurred , i shut down my computer from the power switch and switched out the hard-disk, i put the hard-disk into another computer i had , and found that the OS was working fine...and now i am writing from the same hard-disk]

So what should i do now???

Do the following to enable Minidump Files to be created:

1. Right click My Computer > click Properties > click Advance tab

2. The Advance Screen at the bottom right has Error Reporting. Click this on.

3. Click Enabled error reporting and also check both boxes underneath: Windows operating system and Programs.

4. Now click Choose Programs and click All Programs. Then click Okay and that screen will close. At the next screen click Okay and that will close.

5. You are back to the Advance screen. Find the Start up and Recovery which has underneath it System startup, system failure, and debugging information. Click the Settings box.

6. Another screen will open. You want the System failure section. Enable all three boxes.

7. Under these boxes is Write debugging information. Choose the option Small memory dump (64kb). Click OK and that screen will close.

8. Click OK one more time and you'll be finished. Now the ability for your system to write minidumps should be enabled.

I have done what you told me, I also have run "RegCure" and repaired a few registry errors. I installed XP on the problematic computer, I am awaiting a blue-screen error to come by. I will update if it comes.
I have also set up Dr. Watson to write user.dmp to my D:\ drive. I hope this will also be helpful in solving my case. Will update.....

I have got a dump-file atlast!!

I got the blue screen today, but just as I got it, I switched off the power, and changed my sata cables, the computer started running again. I had already setup my computer to make dump files in case of error. I got one file, maybe you can make something of it.

Attachments

• user.dmp
    36.8 KB · Views: 7
Okay, this is an interesting one. The issue is two fold:

1. The Battlefield 1942 executible BF1942.exe is not able to load because...

2. msvcr70.dll is not functioning properly. This is an installer.

Read this link: http://www.bang.ro/dll/msvcr70.dll.htm

* Makes sense because if the installer isn't working properly then the game's executible can't load.

*** And speaking of SATA cables, they cause many people issues because it is a poor design implementation. It doesn't suprise us in the least new SATA cable got your system running. Good move on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back