Blue Screen - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Forums. Usually these days I get a blue screen everytime I log into Windows XP, and start up a game. I occasionally play with my friends, and my uncles on WarCraft III - The Frozen Throne, with a Ventrilo Client.

After 10-20 minutes of playing, I get a Blue Screen. I was like..huh? Funny..Never happened before. As the message said "If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error Screen, restart your computer". I was like "Alright..". I rebooted my computer, got into another WarCraft III game, and my computer crashes with the same blue screen. After 4-5 crashes, I got mad, and came here.

So if you guys could help I'd be happy with that. Here's the error message that pops up.

Code:
A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first itme you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer  for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information :

***STOP : 0x00000050    (0xBB00CCDE, 0x00000001, 0xBF80170D, 0x00000002)

***win32k-sys -  Address BF80170D base at BF800000, DateStamp 49e852d2

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

So yep..If there are solutions please post them :) because I really need the help right now.

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

* If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
* Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

In short, you should make sure your chipset drivers and your video drivers are up to date.
Note all software interacts with the drivers in the same way. WoW is intensive and if there are going to be issues, it seems WoW will find them.

For someone else who was dealing with a similar issue https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109002.html
or try googling for 0x50 and world of warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back