Blue Screen- Responsive to nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting the blue screen, it says the usual: a problem has been ID'd and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

***STOP 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x81a10868, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

I'm running a Dell XPS 400 Pentium 4

The problem is it wont even load up in safe mode, or nothing, it just blue screens and I have to manually restart. No matter what option I choose, it blue screens and thats it. I've tried boot disks, the XP disk and nothing works. Even in the F12 menu, it wont load from CD Rom, Floppy or USB port.

Is my computer fried?

Have u got the Bios set to boot from CD\DVD, if so boot to Windows XP cd and repair Windows. skip the first two times it asks u if u want to repair then the last time it offers to install hit enter and then when it gives the option to repair hit R and let it repair. u should not loose any thing but the updates to Windows.

Thanks for the reply.

Tried to boot the XP Disk and nothing. It says unable to load, strike F1 to retry, F2 to go to Setup.

It could be your harddrive.

Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
The Stop 0x24 message indicates that a problem occurred within Ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back