Blue screen & safe mode won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubR

hi
i have trouble starting my pc..everytime try a blue screen will load ...i tried the safe mode like recommended in some other thread but still the blue screen would come up
i got the problem since there was a power cut in the area,dunno if its related

What else can i do to fix it or at least get a better diagnostic

is there a software that can help me out

thanx in advance

additional info
no new software or hardware was installed ...
i couldnt load windows after a powe cut in the area

Your error: 0x000000ED: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
The kernel mode I/O subsystem attempted to mount the boot volume and it failed.

This is from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

My best guess is that either you have some drivers and/or files that had been corrupted in the power shut-down OR your harddrive experienced physical damage.
(By the way, do you have a good surge protector?)

Find a friend that has some computer experience and have him (or her) remove your harddrive and slave it into his system. He should be able to ccess your harddrive through his system and 1) run harddrive diagnostics and 2) copy/back-up all your important files just in case your harddrive is "broke."

* Keep us up-to-date.

thanx for the help
i just replaced my hard drive and it worked so i guess u were right...some files may have been corrupted by the power shutdown
i guess the diagnostic u meant was "chkdsk" ,i have to find my microsoft xp disk and see if that works
i hope i wont have to format my drive

A harddrive diagnostics can be done by using the free diagnostic utility that your harddrive manufacturer supplies. You should be able to get it off of their website.

This is different from ChkDsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back