Blue screen windows crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im not haveing any luck with google so thought i would try here for a answer with my crash code to what might be causing the problem thanks in advance for any info

1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 891bd005, parameter3 ae20ab94, parameter4 00000000

Minidump 043008-01:

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, bfaf2ad0, 92fe5c5c, 92fe5958}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+11dad0 )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minidump 043008-02:

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 8a2d0360, ae07ac50, ae07a94c}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+11dae5 )

Minidump 050208-01:

BugCheck C, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+37 )

Minidump 050308-01:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, 891bd005, ae20ab94, 0}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+b83b8 )

As you may or may not be aware, nv4_disp.dll belongs to your video card. Uninstall the current drivers in use and install the latest version available.

Dear Zenosincks,

i've had the same problems, my computer have crashed with blue screen 12 times in this one day and it's getting frustrating.

can you identify what is the problem that have caused it?

here's the dump file and my operating system is window xp sp2
memory 2 gigs
geforce 8300 512 mb

blue screen always appeared when playing an online 3d mmorpg, Rising Force for approximately around 10 - 30 minutes.

here's the dump file in the minidump folder

All MiniDumps you posted list 0x8E errors they are almost always Hardware related. But they list very weird drivers, just numbers and letters ending with .sys. Here they are.

List of Driver causes in MiniDumps. (In Order of Post - First to Last)
MiniDump 1 - 13099B.sys
MiniDump 2 - 12AA12CB.sys
MiniDump 3 - 6394521080FBE.sys
MiniDump 4 - 38BB0880523F871.sys
MiniDump 5 - F8C9D13143E0.sys
MiniDump 6 - B58.sys
MiniDump 7 - A1EA8D.sys
MiniDump 8 - 950.sys
MiniDump 9 - 59089B38C8055B.sys

They really are the drivers cited as the possible cause i haven't got a clue why. But anyway with these error codes you should start by checking the RAM.
Download Memtest86 and run this for 3-5 hours (Minimum Of 7 Passes) or overnight which would be better.
Download the pre-built ISO from the link below and burn it onto a disk using the ISO recorder on the link below as well. Boot off the disk and let the test start running.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Note - Download V2 of ISO recorder for your OS.

Okay, I'll do the memory checking tonight.
Thank you very much for your insight :D

btw, so this is the "memory" drivers that was listed in the minidump?
is it possible because of the long hour activity of my laptop? i mean something like overheat that damage my memory hardware?

i usually let my laptop stays on overnight almost everyday, although there is an air conditioner in my room and the temperature is quite cold, so previously i assume it wouldn't make it overheat. or is it?

It wouldn't be caused by overheating as long as the room is cool enough it will be ok, you could post your temps on here if you want me to check.
Those aren't even drivers you can't find any of them on Google, but assuming the configuration they might be something to do with Memory.

Oh also GreenAcid if you haven't already, go to the forum which best suits your problem and above the list of topics you will see a button "New Thread" click that and write your problem.

as the OP of this tread in paticular i will say that my paticular problem was my video cards fan stopped working alltogether causeing it to overheat and crash my system hope this helps

Yep it is a possibility since he's playing games, hopefully he'll post some temps. After checking the RAM i would have suggested checking the Graphics card and temps.

Hello there

memory checking passed overnight for 7 passes without any error
but i still have the blue screen crash

here's the new mini dump

i check my laptop spec with CPU-Z

Mainboard:

Model IFT00
chipset : Intel PM965
SouthBridge : Intel 82801HBM (ICH8-ME)
LPCIO : SMSC

BIOS:

Brand : COMPAL
Version : 1.12
Date : 08/29/2007

Graphic Interface :

Version : PCI-Express
Link Width : x16
Max Supported : x16

i already tried to update the chipset and nvidia GeForce 8400M GS graphic driver from compal.com for my laptop model.

but it seems it doesn't have any effect

i even update the audio driver as well, although it seems it doesn't have any connection to the problem

i'm at loss at what i should do next .....

(The Mini072708-1.dmp file is the latest crash that i had even after i do the memory test, and upload all the driver i mentioned before)

and woody1191, how do i check the temp and Graphics card that you mentioned?

crashed789, do i have to open the inside of my laptop to find the video cards fan? since if i'm just looked it plainly from the outside, there's only 1 fan visible under my laptop, and it's working fine.

anyone have any idea where the graphic card usually located in laptop? the fan that i mentioned before was located at the top left of my laptop's bottom .

it seems logical though, since the crash only occured if i open the 3d online game, and around 10-20 minutes it goes crash. but if used for other application it goes well without any problem. but how do i make sure it was the graphic card fan that was causing this before i claim it to my vendor.

i haven't checked it with other 3d games though, lately i only playing this one game.

btw, my room's temperature are at 21-22 degree at night and 22-24 degree at noon.

I guess, it's not because the vga was overheat, i tried put room temperature at the coldest, raise my laptop bottom a little high so ventilation was really wide. the bottom fan still working allright, and i still got the blue screen crash when playing RF, and i put my hand at the bottom of my laptop when the crash happen, and i didn't feel any significant heat. just ordinary warm.

To test your temps try using 2 programs to make the temps more reliable from the programs.
Here are 2
Speedfan - http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
Everest Home Edition - http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml

All MiniDumps you posted again are 0x8E errors, since you ruled the RAM out with Memtest its at least one more problem gone. You post some temps and if they are cool enough then thats another problem gone. You could try testing your HDD by using the HDD manufacturers test. If you don't know your HDD manufacturer you can use the Everest Software to find it.

Really we can't test the Graphics card in a Laptop they are normally built into the Motherboard. And if you had to replace the vga fan on it you would have to get the exact same fan to not cause any problems when you put the case back on.

HDD manufacturer test, passed successfully without error

temperature when not playing the game
core = 52-57 degree
HDD = 47 degree

when playing the RF game
core = 87 - 93 degree
HDD 50 degree

so? is it normal?

The HDD temps are bordering too warm but are within normal limits, my laptop HDD runs at about 35-45C. Normally the max your HDD should hit is about 55C normally anything over that would start damaging the HDD.

The CPU on the other hand is way too hot even when idle, mine under load on a game only just hits 60C when idle around 40-50C, 87-93C is way too hot that sort of temp could be seriously be damaging the CPU. Something must be wrong with the Fan cooling it.

The reason is quite clear why it is shutting down the computer is protecting itself by forcing a shut down to stop any damage, if it is under warranty then take it to where you bought it, if not you would be best having a local repair shop have a look at it now because laptops are very hard to repair and the fan or heatsink over the CPU would be hard to fix back on if you did it yourself.
Just simply tell them that you found the CPU is overheating and that you think something is wrong with the cooling they will give you advice about it and if they could fix it and probably how much it would cost

Okay, I'll do that :)
i'm quite relieved now that we found out the source of problem

Thank you very much for your help woody, you've been an angel :p
and crash, thank you very much also for your help :D

now, my next problem is i'll have to find out where the heck is my warranty card, ha ha :haha:

anyway, i'll inform u later how's the outcome

thanks again :D

You're Welcome :)

Yep always put something somewhere safe and you think you can find it easy at the time, come a few months down the line and you haven't got a clue where to get it from :haha: lol :haha:

Good luck with getting some sort of fix, you'll need it they put all sorts in the small print to get away with paying or replacing anything.

They once sent my laptop back with a broken screen when i only needed a key replacing on the keyboard. And refused to replace the screen it took a very nasty letter from me and my dad (which i will not mention anything on it but you get the point :mad:) to persuade them to fix it.

Unreadable bsod!!!

I am having the same problem but I think mine is worse because I can't even read the BSOD because its basically gibberish!
I think I have this because I tried to download a game and I'm guessing it had a virus. I tried to transfer my files to my other computer then reinstall the operating system but I can't even do that because the computer will show then BSOD within 10 minutes and crash!!!!
HEEELPP!!!

Ok first we need to try save your Data, if you have a Dongle (USB Stick) try transferring your data over to that gradually. By using a Dongle it transfers data over quicker than burning it to a disk.

After you have saved your data try taking your HDD out and trying it in another computer if possible, if it doesn't work in the other comp you may have a Faulty HDD.

If it does work in the other comp then try taking RAM cards out, if you have more than 2, you should find that if you take 1 of the RAM cards out it may stop and you will know that the RAM card you took out needs replacing.

same prob

im getting the same problem but wat happens with mine is that no matter what im doing, whether it be watching videos on youtube or playing COD4 about 5-60 mins later ill get the BSOD. This has been happening for a while, ive research it quite a lot but have found no solutions that benefit me. please help!

Comp Details:
XP
SP2
2 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
1GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

Minidumps are attached
also sometimes it will BSOD and have more than one minidump code thing so ill post them if it happens any time soon.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back