Blue screen/winsrv missing errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshaw

I have reloaded windows XP on my sons computer 4 times over the past 6 months. Every few months, a blue screen just shows up, and it has a blue screen and an error :[C0000135] - [Unable to locate component]

It says the winsrv file is missing. this has happened 4 times now. Does anyone think that this can be a hard drive gone bad?

Any thoughts? I am tired of reloading windows.

Thanks.

Hi bshaw and welcome to TS.

To help with your issue, it may help if you can upload any recent minidumps

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Please attach your most recent 3-4 to your next post

Hi bshaw and welcome to TS.

To help with your issue, it may help if you can upload any recent minidumps

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Please attach your most recent 3-4 to your next post

thanks for the welcome:

well it is on my sons computer, not the one I am using now. So I can't even get to start, the screen is blue with the error message. Everytime In the past, I just reloaded windows XP. I am tired of doing that. LOL.. My son did tell me, that he did get a memory low message earlier today before this happened..

Where exactly does he get the blue screen? Is it after the loading windows sign or before that.

sometimes I will just go in there and it will be up. I turned the computer off and then rebooted. the blue screen came back again. this time another error. It said something about a fatal error... everytime I reload windows, it does occasionally have problems copying certain files, although last reload it didn't. Again, I wonder if it is the hard drive.

But to answer the question, it gets to the windows XP sign, stays there for a long time, then the blue screen appears..

Can you get into safemode at all?

If you suspect it is hard drive then I would run a diagnostic tool on your drive to see if there are any bad sectors.

It however could be RAM related also. If it can get into safemode, then we may start looking towards software issues

Can you get into safemode at all?

If you suspect it is hard drive then I would run a diagnostic tool on your drive to see if there are any bad sectors.

It however could be RAM related also. If it can get into safemode, then we may start looking towards software issues

usually I can't get into safe mode when this happens. I will try it in the morn. right now it is 1am in the morning in georgia/USA. If I can get in, I will follow your directions to see the memory dump if I can. I will post it here tomorrow. I was also thinking about RAM memory issues.

thanks for your help. check back tomorrow if you can. Again. thanks.

Funny thing happened. I was about to re install the windows Xp operating system. I put in the OS CD and booted from the CD.. All of a sudden my desktop appeared and everything was back to normal..

any explination for this?

Problems like these can be intermittent, did you run a repair of any sort?

I'd still going about testing the hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back