1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue screen

By Avandra960 ยท 8 replies
Jan 31, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. My computer keeps blue screening it looked like my graphics card was damaged so I bought and put it a new one I also did a virus scan and as a last resort I wiped the computer and reinstalled windows any suggestions would be great

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,565   +950

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Please describe with more detail to get more specific help. See 'sticky' notice at beginning of forum.

holdum323 likes this.
  3. Avandra960

Avandra960 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Im trying to install hearth stone and half way through the screen freezes and then blue screens

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,565   +950

holdum323 likes this.
  5. holdum323

holdum323 Banned Posts: 1,725   +455

Hi I use a freeware program called "Who Crashed" I agree with @Cycloid Torus. "This should not happen after a clean install of windows. Does your device meet the requirements to run "Hearth Stone"? The link posted by @Cycloid Torus is a excellent link.
    Let us know how things go.

DavidBailey likes this.
  6. Avandra960

Avandra960 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It was able to run it until recently

7. holdum323

DavidBailey likes this.
  8. holdum323

Here's what I use. Let us know how things go for you. http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
    I'm lazy and this program does a good job for me. IMHO it's a great tool.
    "Normally, debugging skills and a set of debugging tools are required to do post-mortem crash dump analysis. By using this utility you do not need any debugging skills to be able to find out what drivers are causing trouble to your computer."

DavidBailey likes this.