Blue screens getting annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have no idea whats going on with my computer and am not exactly the most computer savvy person in the world. i followed most of the instructions and have included 5 minidumps in the attachment. my lappy just crahses during random times....not playing any games or anything too intensive or using any program repetitiously. the blue screen just comes up and reboots. please any help will do..thank you!

* In your next post please give us your system specs, i.e., cpu, motherboard, harddrive, etc.

One error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly strong indicators of corrupted memory. The minidump didn't give anything specific as your probable cause other thanb hardware.

The other four errors are 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. In other words, hardware is telling Windows there is a problem. Under XP the error code was 0x9C and the definition basically applies as most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Like 0x9C, 0x124 is difficult to diagnose considering the four minidumps didn't cite the cause. Therefore do the following diagnostic steps:

1. Run Memtest on your memory; we are checking for corrupted memory. See link and follow directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html Please let it run for a long time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes and there are 8 individual test per Pass.

2. Find the manufacturer of your harddrive, i.e., Western Digital, Seagate, etc., go to their website and find their free utility to diagnose your harddrive. Do short and long tests.

3. If you have onboard sound/graphics update the latest drivers.

4. Update the drivers for your wireless/NIC card.

5. Run ChkDsk. Start Menu > Run box > type in ChkDsk > click Okay. When it gets to the Second Stage tell us if it recovered lost files.

i am currently running on a hp pavilion dv9500. intel core 2 duo 2.2 ghz with 2 gb of ram and a seagate 5400 rpm hdd i think. using windows vista home premium sp1. graphics card is a nvidia geforce 8600m gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back