Blue screens killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee3b

Hey guys I upgraded my computer one week ago, 2 new gigs of ram and one 500 gb harddrive after a couple of days I came back home to see a weird error on a blue screen

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL

So I shutdown my computer and it wont boot, would stuck on bios, then I tried a few more times and it worked.I thought maybe that was something random after couple of days I reciever one more Blue screen error which was this

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0X0000000A."

So I thought it might be a corrupt windows installation because I updated the window to sp3. So I went ahead and formatted the hard drive and installed a clean fresh copy of windows on my hard drive. Everything was going fine but after 2 days I got another blue screen error saying
"Kernal Data Inpage error."

And last night I got one more. I dont remember what it really was though.

So to get into the problem further more I checked my ram manually, inserted each stick one by one and booted my computer and everything worked fine.

My system specs are.
4 Gigs of ram.
Amd 6000 x2
2 hard drives. 80 GB and 500 GB
Ati x1950
n590 sli motherboard amd

Now, today I recieved one more error I wasnt at home came back to see this error.

0x00000024 (0x001902fe,0xa768cd68,0xa768ga64,0x8056c720)

I really need help guys, I have only one more week left on my RMA, or else I'll have to do it with the company itself which is a hassle.

Xp media center edition. Have been using it for a while worked without any errors. I usually format and install once in a while but yea the os is error free.
I havent tried memtest, I did check the rams manually (inserting one stick at a time and booting to windows ) though should I run memtest too?

0xA errors are strong indicators of hardware issues though they can be caused by drivers attempting a higher IRQ Level they have no right accessing.

XP won't utilize more than 3.5 gigs of RAM. I would first try running with 2 gigs and tell us if that brings stability.

And I apologize ahead of time if you know how to run Memtest but in case you don't...

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Your 0x24 error can be a strong indication of harddrive issues. Use the free diagnostic utility from your harddrive manufacturer and do a full daiagnostics.

Scan for infections.

Hey thanks alot for quick replies.
I was just about to post an update, my pc wasnt booting at all it just shut down on me a while back, I removed the two sticks the new ones and it booted fine with my old rams. Does that mean the new rams are faulty?

Hey thanks alot for quick replies.
I was just about to post an update, my pc wasnt booting at all it just shut down on me a while back, I removed the two sticks the new ones and it booted fine with my old rams. Does that mean the new rams are faulty?

Not necessarilty but we don't have enough information to answer your question at this time. Switch out both pairs. When you do does your system boot up and remain stable?

The good thing about Memtest is that it takes over before it even gets close to the Window load screen.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Not necessarilty but we don't have enough information to answer your question at this time. Switch out both pairs. When you do does your system boot up and remain stable?

The good thing about Memtest is that it takes over before it even gets close to the Window load screen.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

It wasnt booting at all till I took the two new sticks out. It wouldnt even boot upto the bios. Only happened tonight though. you know when you hear that "Beep" after a few seconds of turning on your computer it wasnt even getting to that point.

Okay, so for clarification, your system runs and is stable when the new sticks are removed, correct?

If so, what happens when you take out the old pair and just try to boot up with the new pair?

Also, are the old and new RAM sticks matching in timings, DDR, and voltage requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back