Bluescreen error

Heeedmalm

i've had this for a while now, comes from now to then, tested to reinstall like a hundred times, no new hardwares or anything, error is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and som stop errors, i can get a minidump for anyone who think he can solve this...

Question: Is your F-Secure security software antivirus only or is it a full suit including firewall?

Yes, F-Secure is good. Now for the next question: Check to see if the Windows Firewall is enabled. Is it?

The reason I asked is because the Windows Firewall Platform kernel driver fwpkclnt.sys is cited as the cause of your system crashes by preventing the F-Secure driver fsdfw.sys from loading.

It might be that the involved drivers are also needed for antivirus function with the suite.
I have not yet been able to confirm this theory for you (Heeedmalm, and Route44).

If you have access to F-Secure as a standalone av product, you might try downloading and then uninstalling your suite and then installing av only. See if the issue remains.
I don't know where you are or if this link will work for you... http://download.f-secure.com/estore/fs2011.exe

Sometimes, a suite may end up with conflicts if other similar products are installed.
You should never have more than one av installed. Likewise firewall.
Conflicts, instability and insecurity will be the result.

If F-Secure AV is not available... you might consider Avira... if available.
Avira gets consistently high marks for effectiveness, has low rate of conflicts, is updated twice daily...
and is my AV of choice.

Alright thanks, but why tha hell should it crash when the Windows firewall/Av is disabled ? does it still run in the background? and if that is so, how can i disable it completely ?

In some security suites, some drivers are actually used by both components,
even though they may have originally been identified with just one of the products.
I am still working on how to reliably and consistently confirm such use for specific products.

As I said, I have not yet been able to confirm this supposition re F-Secure. These drivers may or may not be needed by the AV.
If they are not, the question remains - (What is happening to cause these drivers to fault, if the FW is not active.)
BUT... the test I suggested above may help rule out or prove that supposition.

RE: your question
If all else fails, disabling completely may be done by uninstalling, per my suggestion above.

Why make the same driver integral to both components? It is a matter of decreasing the footprint in your hard-drive I suppose.
But... I see other potential issues there too, thus my judgment that stand-alone products may serve better. YMMV.

Route44 should be able to help you more on this.

Sorry I don't have more time right now to fully chase this down.
What I have suggested will allow you to work directly on the problem solving.
You might also try your own research via Google, to see what you can learn about these drivers.
There are many reputable sites that provide file information. F-Secure may also have such information.
Just be careful to avoid sites that WOT flags as untrustworthy.
Some try to push "free downloads" that in the end cause you problems... which you then are offered the chance to "fix" - by buying their product.
(Rogueware!)

By the way... my review of your minidumps was not flagging the same drivers.
I am now trying to diagnose why Route44 and I were getting different results.
Diagnosing my own diagnostic tools is part of why I am not able to do more for you right now.
I just offered an observation, based upon what Route44 was finding in your reports.

Just re-read your post...
Are you saying that you have neither your Window Firewall, NOR your third party firewall enabled?
If so, that is an open door to a drive-by... Not recommended.

Back