Bluescreen/Physical Memory Dump/RAM reset problem

SolarwingGX

so this is the story
my computer blue screened 1 day, andi thought it was the harddrives problem. i DBANed the drive only to realize it was a problem with the RAM. i reset the ram and everytime became normal after that.

but few uses later, the same problem arised again and it blue screened on me and its always the blue screen error saying "dumping physical memory" and it never gets to 100%

anyways this has been going on for awhile now, and i had to reset the ram everytime for my computer to work. im very frustrated because this cant be good for my computer.

i have 4Gig RAM, 300 Gig HDD (225 GB free), GeForce 9800 nvidia, AMD Athlon 64 duo core processor/ 660 watt power supply. and a motherboard i dont know the model because my computer is factory built, so i replaced almost everypart except the mobo and the processor.
and i have windows 7

please help. if anyone of you need extra information ill be happy to provide

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Did you replace your RAM? The reason for the question is because corrupted memory is cited as the issue. Have you run memtest on your current RAM?

Also, find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

i did replace my ram with new ram.
but its giving the same problems. i know how to do memcheck but i havent done it yet. but i dont know how to do the other stuff you said ^_^|| please give me instructions.

could it be a RAM slot problem?

Yes, there is the possibility that a RAM slot could be the issue. Do you know how to access your BIOS?

If not, do you have friends or associates that would know?

Also, find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

if bios means the blue screen where i can change what disk or CD to boot from then yes i know how to get there. however i do not know how to change the voltage settings, and i do not know what timing means.

i have a patriot extreme gaming Viper 2 series RAM 2x2gb.800mHz.
im not sure which one is the correct volt but theres 2 categories with numbers
DDR: DC 2.5V
DDR2: DC 1.8V

my RAM chips are DDR2 so im assuming 1.8 is the correct value, but like i mentioned, im not sure.

If it is the DDR2 then 1.8v would be the correct setting. In the BIOS look for the VDIMM. That will tell you the voltage setting. If it is on Auto then click the Auto on and it should tell you what the voltage is set at. You should be given options to manually set the voltage.

i cannot find VDIMM option
its it because my computer is previously factory made so they put a lock on it?

also another thing ive noticed is
whenever windows 7 updates my computer, it will cause my computer to blue screen. and then i have to reset the ram to get it back to normal.
ive also noticed that the slot i put my RAM in is loose. like not REALLY loose
but i can move my ram back and forth.

I would say then there is definitely a problem with that slot. Your memory should be fitting snug and firm. It would explain why you have received the memory corruption issue.

And you are correct about the BIOS being locked. Many pre-built systems will do this like Dell, HP, etc. We have run into this many times.

Is your Windows 7 the 32 bit or 64 bit version?

oh thanks, see i have a new mobo ready, but it only takes intel processors and i dont have enough money to get one right now ^^
i have a 32 bit system

the most recent crash (this afternoon) cause my chrome's bookmarks to dissapear, and deactivated the windows 7 product key, where i had to reenter the code >.>

could it be anything elsE?

Try this: A 32 bit OS will run quite fine with 2 gigs of RAM. Run your system with only 2 gigs not using the one bad slot and tell us if you gain stability.

Something is not right. Each RAM slot will have a clip at both ends. When you install the memory in the slots firmly the clips will snap in place and the memory should be firmly secured.

nono nothing is wrong with the clips, the problem is the RAM chips are movable perpindicular to it's position to the mother board.
its like you can move it like a switch but more sublte

i have confirmed that when ever i update windows 7, i HAVE to reset the RAM because it gives me the blue screen error. is it because my OS is 32 bit?

Memeory dump

Hi I have a problem with a blue screen memory dump, I have 8gb 4x2gb Corsair XMS DDR3 1600MHZ memory modules. When using normal internet explorer 32bit i get the blue screen every so often especially if i have a lot of windows open, i do not seem to have this problem running internet explorer 64bit but i cannot access a lot of things on the internet with 64bit as flash player is not availkable for 64bit yet, will it hurt my PC if i keep running the 32bit or will this simply be resolved by adjusting the Bios setting.? I have looked for a update for the Motherboard drivers even looked for updating the Bios but they are all up to date, is the problem in the Bios settings.? because i know that max in 32bit is 4gb.?

Memeory dump

Hi I have a problem with a blue screen memory dump, I have 8gb 4x2gb Corsair XMS DDR3 1600MHZ memory modules. When using normal internet explorer 32bit I get the blue screen every so often especially if I have a lot of windows open, I do not seem to have this problem running internet explorer 64bit but I cannot access a lot of things on the internet with 64bit as flash player is not availkable for 64bit yet, will it hurt my PC if I keep running the 32bit or will this simply be resolved by adjusting the Bios setting.? I have looked for a update for the Motherboard drivers even looked for updating the Bios but they are all up to date, is the problem in the Bios settings.? because I know that max in 32bit is 4gb.?
How about starting your own thread?

Back