BlueScreen

Starkville

I have exactly same problem of bluescreen. Please check the minidump for me. Thanks

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    350.5 KB · Views: 1
I have already updated the latest video driver. But the computer still crash. Please check the minidump again for me. Thank you,

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    621.1 KB · Views: 1
Is the computer a desktop or laptop? If it is a desktop computer, take the side off and make sure all dust and other debris is cleaned out. If it is a laptop, it may be over-heating...

Last edited:
The detail information of my computer:
More details about my computer

Component Details

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB
Graphics NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Gaming graphics 14074 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary hard disk 332GB Free (466GB Total)
Windows 7 Professional

System
Manufacturer INTEL_
Model DX58SO2_
Total amount of system memory 24.0 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
Storage
Total size of hard disk(s) 1397 GB
Disk partition (C:) 332 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD
Disk partition (M:) 608 GB Free (932 GB Total)
Graphics
Display adapter type NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Total available graphics memory 14074 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 12026 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.4066
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200
DirectX version DirectX 10
Network
Network Adapter Intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Is the computer a desktop or laptop? If it is a desktop computer, take the side off and make sure all dust and other debris is cleaned out. If it is a laptop, it may be over-heating...
I check the inside of my computer. It is pretty clean. I installed Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB hard drive in May this year. Do you think it is possible the SSD cause the problem?

It is caused by you Nvidia video driver... Go here and download and install the latest video driver for your computer:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Thank you for point out that it is Nvidia video driver problem. You really narrow down my problem. I just did some research on my video card. I found a review from Newegg. I hope it can solve my problem. I paste his review here:

I just wanted somewhere to tell owners of the Quadro 4000 that the black screen issues I was having for some months seems to be resolved now.
After sweating for many hours trying working to recover my PC with Windows 7. I got a black screen - monitor went black- during a Windows upgrade and I couldn't properly shut down the PC so I had a really difficult time.

Finally I installed to the latest Nvidia Driver (version 340.66)
and went to the Nvidia Control Panel and under "Manage GPU Utilization" the default setting was checked "Use for graphics and computer needs"... It was trying to help my CPU which is why I was having unrecoverable monitor blackouts. Changed the setting to "Dedicate to graphics tasks" and now I start to see some quick performance.

I was not able to find any documented fix for months. Problem always indicated a memory conflict, but nobody had the answer...until now!

I hope this helps somebody!

Pull the video card out and inspect it carefully. Make sure the fan is clean and rotating freely... The minidumps are still pointing to the video driver and the DXgmms1 driver

Pull the video card out and inspect it carefully. Make sure the fan is clean and rotating freely... The minidumps are still pointing to the video driver and the DXgmms1 driver
I changed a new video card and I do not have black screen problem again. Thank you again for pointing out my problem.

Back