Bluescreens, Crashes and Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiffen

I have started to experience more and more bluescreens and crashes. More as in I haven't really seen any before but I'm starting to see it every once and a while now.

I would more just like to find out what is causing the problem in the first place, be it; drivers, hardware, OS, etc.

What kinds of information will you guys need in order to help me out a bit more? As in logs and such. And where can I find them?

I did try to overclock once, about a month ago, just to see what would happen to my fps. But running on a stock cooler it was only for one minute or so. I actually can't remember what happened, I either reset to the stock settings or I crashed while OCing (Could that have caused a problem?) Anyway it's back to stock speeds as shown in Catalyst Control Center and GPU-Z. I also reformatted since then, WIN7 btw.

I have a HD4850, I tried the OC from Catalyst Control Center.

From what I remember it was something like this when it might have crashed.

Stock GPU: 625 -> OC: ~700
Stock MEM: 933 -> OC: ~1000

Idol temps are about 40c-45c, load goes to 60c-65c.

-----

Now for something completely different. My connection to the internet though a wireless adapter works completely fine for 1-5 hours at a time then it will disconnect for a short period of time. Not that bothersome but its not fun disconnecting during a game or while talking to friends.

I have a D-Link Rangebooster DWA-542. My modem/router is a 2Wire 2701HG-E.

Both are pretty decent products and I almost always have 5 bars.

Is it maybe just a normal occurrence for wireless networks?

(Full specs in profile)

Since you are using Windows 7 Beta, you can expect random problems. That's what beta versions are for- to try and find and fix problems. Are you a beta tester?

Have a look here about the Windows 7 Event User- you might find some information as to causes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back