Boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherhood619

*sigh

I have a problem with my pc that has been driving me nuts for a while now.

It started with the computer randomly turning off and then going through a stage of turning on for about a second and then turning off for about a second, it would do this about 5 times before settleing down.

It was a minor inconvienience at that point, however now it has changed to turning on for one second when i turn on the power supply, and then turning off. After this the computer will not turn respond to the power button until I turn off the power supply in which case when i try to turn it on it powers up for one second and then goes back to its non resposive state.

My first thought was that the power supply was dead, therefore i replaced it today, however the problem was not solved. So i disconnected the video card, one of the extra hard drives, the DVD drive, leaving only the cpu, motherboard, psu, ram and one hard drive. However the problem still persists, meaning that the fault is part of the cpu or the motherboard.

Any help in resolving this problem would be appriciated, hopefully i wont have to replace either of the cpu or the motherboard.

Thanks
Brotherhood619

Do you hear any beeps when you turn on this PC?

If you haven't serviced/cleaned your computer in recent times do so to start with.

Lastly, please do give us your system's complete specifications including PSU type/model etc.

Other than the usual beeps and sounds, no, its like it starts to come to life and then just loses power instantly, which is why I though it was a PSU problem.

I can give cleaning it a try, although it wasnt that dusty when I opened it up.

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
3GB of DDR2 RAM
Packard Bell BV MotherBoard with onboard GeForce 7050 Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT Graphics Card
Arctic Power 500W PSU With PCI-E 2x SATA, 20+4 ATX12V 8pin +12V Connectors

Additional Info: Last CPU-Z Report Attached

Attachments

• ALLANSCOM1.txt
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
Try to run your system with minimum hardware, no HDDs, no discrete graphics, one single RAM Module etc. I am suspecting it probably may be a motherboard issue.

Same problem, I think you might be right with the motherboard of all the things to break and it's the one that I don't want to touch

I can understand your reluctance in this regard, as recently I had issues with my system's motherboard as well, but luckily this happened just inside three year warranty period and got the thing replaced with only having to pay shipping charges.

Many board manufacturer's give multi-year warranty; how old is your motherboard (system in general) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back