Boot up prob n Boot priority

Gigabyte GA-73PVM :
when I enter the bios both my drives are shown as Windows 10x64 IDE Channel 2 Slave and Windows 7x32 IDE Channel 3 Master , but they are SATA connectors .
I want to change the Windows 10 has the master ! .
I am having problems booting up , keeps sticking on the windows 10 logo , I can boot with my Mini XP boot disc , done that and checked drives with chkdsk both drives pass as ok ,tried to run my windows 10 recovery disc in xp ,but the xp is only ,x86 so it won't load up and it will not boot from the start up .

cheers

spike

A picture of your motherboard setup with sata connectors showing would help out alot.
Also list which hdds have which os stored on it, your problem is complicated and thats why I am asking you.

Hi
Thanks for your reply , it has sorted itself , just switched it on one day and it loaded up ok , so I have no idea what was causing the problem .

thanks again for you help .

cheers

spike

@spike1947
the bios both my drives are shown as Windows 10x64 IDE Channel 2 Slave and Windows 7x32 IDE Channel 3 Master , but they are SATA connectors
With two physical devices, whichever comes ready first during bootup will be the one where Windows will look for the boot partition.
As both have that, it's a race as to what will be booted.

You COULD have better control if each OS were in separate partitions on the same physical device. You could then set one or the other as Active (but not both) to control which is booted.

Back