Bought new PC, cpu overheating?

Obzoleet

Hello, I bought a new pc with intel i7 12700kf and a gtx3080 about a month ago and today after some gaming I checked HW monitor and it said that "cpu package" had reached 100c, while the rest of the cores was at 95c ish,

GPU was around 88c

Isnt these temps very high?

I made a clean install of windows, updated bios, all drivers, setting fan speed to high and so on but same issue,

In the beginning my cpu was max at 85c when gaming,

What should I do? :(

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
You don't mention the CPU cooler ...the part that is lacking. I suggest a 360mm All in one cooler. I know that Corsair makes a retrofit kit for the socket 1700 motherboard for $5 so you could check their coolers out.

Obzoleet

You don't mention the CPU cooler ...the part that is lacking. I suggest a 360mm All in one cooler. I know that Corsair makes a retrofit kit for the socket 1700 motherboard for $5 so you could check their coolers out.
Its a thermalright macho.B air cooler, I thought it would be more then enough to cool, im kinda regretting not going with a corsair h115 now then :(

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
I think you might have to do that upgrade. The CPU is going to be throttling (slowing down) to keep it's cool. It will run at the 100c (that is max temp for it) but each time it goes higher it will slow that core down and move the work to other cores. You will be missing some performance for sure. If you do nothing it will shave some life off the CPU over time.